Earn a copy of "Yuri Monogatari 6" through "Project Engage!"

    Message 1 of 17 , May 6, 2009
      Hello all -

      As you know, ALC Publishing recently launched "Yuri Monogatari 6" and as we know there are a lot of you who would like a copy of the book but, for one reason or another, cannot get it. Maybe you're in school and can't afford it, or maybe you live somewhere where shipping from Amazon makes it outrageously expensive.

      So, we've developed this new Project special for you!

      Here's how it works:

      "Project Engage" is very simple. Use any and all social media you *already use* to promote "YM6" and EARN a copy of YM6 for your efforts!

      - Mention "Yuri Monogatari 6" in a relevant Forum, Mailing List, Blog post, on your Facebook, MySpace, LiveJournal page or any other form of social media *that you already use* with a link to either the ALC Page on the Yuricon Shop or Amazon and get *5* points.

      - Embed the "Yuri Monogatari 6" video trailer on the any of the social media *you already use,* and get *10* points.

      - When you have earned *50* points, email us links to these posts, your age and your address at anilesbocon01@... with the subject line "Project Engage Links" and we'll send you a copy of "YM6!"

      It's that simple.

      Here's the IMPORTANT GUIDELINES YOU MUST FOLLOW TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A BOOK:

      1) You MUST be 18 or over. There is no exception to this rule.

      2) You may not create dummy accounts/blogs or pages for this. If I check and you have no other posts on your blog, or no other posts on the Forum in question, your entry will not count AND you'll make us look bad, like we're spamming the world. So - please only use accounts on places that you already use regularly.

      3) This project is meant to support and promote ALC. A link followed by a damnation of everything we are doing will be valid, but it will not make you any friends. If you *want* to help us out, we're delighted. If you want us to die a fiery death, don't feel obliged to "help." :-)

      4) All links *must* be verifiable. I'm willing to sign up for forums, but if you stick them in a private area that no one but you can see, then that's kind of not the point. -_-;;

      5) Yes, previous posts, links and embeds count. If you already mentioned this somewhere before today, that is absolutely, positively acceptable. Just collect *50* points worth and you've earned yourself a copy of YM6!

      6) If you are not 18+, please feel free to share links and embeds, but at this time I cannot send you a book. However, your support is still very much appreciated and I want to thank you, so email me those links and I'll send you an "I Love Yuri" postcard to show our thanks!

      ***

      Here are the links to share:

      YM6 Video Trailer Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yli_kPSVkFs

      "Yuri Monogatari 6" on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/bgnvut

      "Yuri Monogatari 6" on Yuricon Shop: http://tinurl.com/alcpub

      ***

      Project Engage is open to anyone 18 or over, they do not need to be a member of this ML. So feel free to get your friends involved. A few of you banding together *can* get a book to share - the point is to get the word out. :-)

      If you have questions, please ask them here, so everyone can see the answer. Thanks and here's to the success of Project Engage!

      ALC Publishing - where the girl always gets the girl.
      http://www.anilesbocon.org/shop/alcp.html
    • hynavian
      Message 2 of 17 , May 6, 2009
        Hi,

        Thanks for the opportunity. However, I have something regarding the point system that I'm unclear of.

        I have published an embed video post of YM6 on my blog and in addition to that, I have placed a video of YM6 on my blog's sidebar. From my blog alone, does that count as 20 points in total because firstly due to my embed blog post and secondly, due to the embed video that's on my blog's sidebar?

        Another question I have is regarding social media sites like Facebook and Friendster. If I'm to share a link or the embed video with my friends, how are the administrators going to verify this? Probably by adding my accounts as friends?

        Thanks for taking time off to answer some of my queries. (:

        Regards,
        Hynavian
        Message 3 of 17 , May 7, 2009
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: hynavian@...
          > Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 05:28:54 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Earn a copy of "Yuri Monogatari 6" through "Project Engage!"

          Hello -

          > Thanks for the opportunity. However, I have something regarding the point system that I'm unclear of.
          >
          > I have published an embed video post of YM6 on my blog and in addition to that, I have placed a video of YM6 on my blog's sidebar. From my blog alone, does that count as 20 points in total because firstly due to my embed blog post and secondly, due to the embed video that's on my blog's sidebar?

          No, that would count only as 10 points. Each location you embed or link is what gains you points, not how many times.

          Gaming the system only defeats the purpose, which is to provide promotion and support. What PE is doing is rewarding you for that support and promotion.

          > Another question I have is regarding social media sites like Facebook and Friendster. If I'm to share a link or the embed video with my friends, how are the administrators going to verify this? Probably by adding my accounts as friends?

          There are ways of tracing where links and embeds go aside from directly friending people, but there's no reason not to be friends on these systems, is there? :-)

          Hotmail® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.
          Message 4 of 17 , May 7, 2009
            We've sent out two copies of "Yuri Monogatari 6" already to folks who are participating in Project Engage. :-)

            Times are harder than ever for manga sales, so everyone who helps spread the word for our 100% Yuri from ALC Publishing is a hero. And we want to reward our heros. Its as simple as that!

            Thanks to our heroes, Grisznak and Hynavian!

          • Ariel Devorah
            Message 5 of 17 , May 7, 2009
              I've already bought my copy, have it, and read it but I'll promote anyway! :)

              -Ariel

              Message 6 of 17 , May 7, 2009
                > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                > From: ladystardusthhh@...
                > Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 00:39:57 +0000
                > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Earn a copy of "Yuri Monogatari 6" through "Project Engage!"
                >
                > I've already bought my copy, have it, and read it but I'll promote anyway! :)

                And you can earn a second one to give to a friend, so don't be shy! :-)

              • Kumiko Yamazaki
                Message 7 of 17 , May 7, 2009
                  How does one get involved in promotion? o.o

                  Kumi.

                  On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

                  > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: ladystardusthhh@...
                  > Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 00:39:57 +0000
                  > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Earn a copy of "Yuri Monogatari 6" through "Project Engage!"
                  >
                  > I've already bought my copy, have it, and read it but I'll promote anyway! :)

                  And you can earn a second one to give to a friend, so don't be shy! :-)

                  <*> Your email settings:
                     Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                     mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  "Some of us turn off the lights and we live
                  In the moonlight shooting by
                  Some of us scare ourselves to death in the dark
                  To be where the angels fly.
                  Pretty maids all in a row lined up
                  Outside my cabin door
                  I've never wanted any of them wanting me
                  'cept the girl from the red river shore."

                  - Red River Shore, Bob Dylan。

                  Message 8 of 17 , May 7, 2009
                    To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    From: pretty.cure@...
                    Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:07:33 +0800
                    Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Earn a copy of "Yuri Monogatari 6" through "Project Engage!"

                    > How does one get involved in promotion? o.o

                    Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated"

                  • Kumiko Yamazaki
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 7, 2009
                      Thanks.. :)

                      I'll look into this.

                      Kumi.

                      To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                      From: pretty.cure@...
                      Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:07:33 +0800

                      Message 10 of 17 , May 7, 2009
                        > And you can earn a second one to give to a friend, so don't be shy! :-)

                        That's true, but I'd rather they BUY it. Though, I guess giving a copy away is another form of promotion.
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 7, 2009
                          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Ariel Devorah" <ladystardusthhh@...> wrote:

                          > > And you can earn a second one to give to a friend, so don't be shy! :-)
                          >
                          > That's true, but I'd rather they BUY it. Though, I guess giving a copy away is another form of promotion.

                          Yes - it is. :-)

                          Message 12 of 17 , May 8, 2009
                            Thank you Erica, ALC and staff for the opportunity. May YM6 sell big! (^_^)v

                            Regards,
                            Hynavian
                          • Grisznak
                            Message 13 of 17 , May 12, 2009
                              Hi
                              http://czytelnia.tanuki.pl/lista/pokaz.php/2313 - here goes my promised earlier review of sixth issue of Yuri Monogatari. It will be published at one or two more polish manga and anime pages.
                              By the way, adress on the cover - www.anilesbocon.org is not working. So I decided to post
                              http://www.yuricon.org/alc.html instead.
                              cheers
                              Grisznak

                              Message 14 of 17 , May 12, 2009

                                Please use http://www.yuricon.org until I get that fixed. Thanks! The alc.html page goes to an informational page, not the same as the home page at all.

                                Message 15 of 17 , May 12, 2009

                                  > Hi
                                  > http://czytelnia.tanuki.pl/lista/pokaz.php/2313 - here goes my promised
                                  > earlier review of sixth issue of Yuri Monogatari. It will be published at
                                  > one or two more polish manga and anime pages.
                                  > By the way, adress on the cover - www.anilesbocon.org is not working. So I
                                  > decided to post
                                  > http://www.yuricon.org/alc.html instead.

                                  The anilesbocon.org address should work now. Please use that instead of the ala.html page.

                                  Thanks!

                                • hynavian
                                  Message 16 of 17 , May 13, 2009

                                    > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Grisznak <grisznakiw@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Hi
                                    > > http://czytelnia.tanuki.pl/lista/pokaz.php/2313 - here goes my promised
                                    > > earlier review of sixth issue of Yuri Monogatari. It will be published at
                                    > > one or two more polish manga and anime pages.
                                    > > By the way, adress on the cover - www.anilesbocon.org is not working. So I
                                    > > decided to post
                                    > > http://www.yuricon.org/alc.html instead.
                                    >
                                    > Please use http://www.yuricon.org until I get that fixed. Thanks! The alc.html page goes to an informational page, not the same as the home page at all.

                                    Hi everyone!

                                    I received the copy of YM6 yesterday evening and I did a "show off" post here - http://hynavian.com/?p=8995

                                    I'm sorry, I won't be able to review it because the political climate in the country that I'm living in is quite tensed now. Previously there was some take over of the woman's organization (that represented the interests of the women) here by some homophobic church members but they got voted out later. Now there's a scheduled legal meet-up in support of the LGBT cause this weekend but everyone's watching to see how it goes. To sum it up, it's messy. >.<

                                    Again I would like to apologize for not being able to review it but I'll be mentioning YM6 whenever it's possible to promote it. (:

                                    Regards,
                                    Hynavian
                                    Message 17 of 17 , May 14, 2009
                                      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                                      > From: hynavian@...
                                      > Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 04:09:03 +0000
                                      > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Earn a copy of "Yuri Monogatari 6" through "Project Engage!"
                                      >
                                      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" wrote:
                                      >
                                      > I received the copy of YM6 yesterday evening and I did a "show off" post here - http://hynavian.com/?p=8995

                                      I'm glad you received it and anjoyed it. :-) Thanks for your support.