OT: Artical from O magazine

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2009
      A friend sent me an interesting Article from O magazine.

      http://www.oprah.com/article/omagazine/200904-omag-women-leaving-men

      Its LGBT but not anime so I've marked it as OT. I didn't really put this up for discussion but rather to share since I'm not sure how many of us could come across this on our own.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2009
        Interesting, although a bit weird. "The lesbian trend among poser celebrities? Why?" lol

        However, "Although the U.S. Census Bureau keeps track of married, divorced, single, and even same-sex partners living together, it doesn't look for the stories behind those numbers" is wrong. The Census does not track same-sex partners, just married or unmarried.

        It would be nice it if did track same-sex couples living togther, if only to get an actual percentage of some realish kind. Are we 1%, 10% .0001% what?

        Thanks for the link - you're right, I never would have found that on my own.

        ________________________________
        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: haruka_clone@...
        > Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 15:55:38 -0700
        > Subject: [Yuricon] OT: Artical from O magazine

        > A friend sent me an interesting Article from O magazine.
        >
        > http://www.oprah.com/article/omagazine/200904-omag-women-leaving-men
        >
        > Its LGBT but not anime so I've marked it as OT. I didn't really put this up for discussion but rather to share since I'm not sure how many of us could come across this on our own.

        HotmailĀ® has a new way to see what's up with your friends.
      • katwilliams@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2009

          > Interesting, although a bit weird. "The lesbian trend among poser celebrities? Why?" lol
          >
          > However, "Although the U.S. Census Bureau keeps track of married, divorced, single, and even same-sex partners living together, it doesn't look for the stories behind those numbers" is wrong. The Census does not track same-sex partners, just married or unmarried.
          >
          > It would be nice it if did track same-sex couples living togther, if only to get an actual percentage of some realish kind. Are we 1%, 10% .0001% what?

          Interesting thing is the Canadian Census just started tracking same-sex couples as well as everyone else. Just after getting married we got the Census and there were a few problems with the survey, I remember people complaining about it but not way. But it is interesting that they are now keeping track of that kind of thing out here. It would be interesting to see what those numbers really are.

          Kat