As we suspected, the sky *is* blue!

    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 2:35 PM
      The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA), the organization that runs Anime Expo, every year has a series of quite (to my mind silly) awards recognizing popular anime and manga series, and the "best" characters from them.

      This year the "Best Female Character" award to Sato Sei (spelling Right Stuf's) of Maria Watches Over Us, the English-language version of Maria-sama ga Miteru.

      As some of you know, Sean was the first of us to claim that "Saying Sei is your favorite character is like saying the sky is blue."

      This has become so popular a saying that I have explained it to several Japanese fans, who all nod in agreement and when questions were solicited by Right Stuf for Konno-sensei, I explained it to her, too. :-)

      Anyway, it's now official. The sky is blue. ;-)

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      http://okazu.blogspot.com
    • Allison Passino