hello

  • yelaiel_3
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2009
      after reading all your conversation i realized that im just a toddler in yuri world. sometimes when you abbreviate the title i find it difficult to understand or search. and most of the site i know they hardly yuri series in it. even manga its as if they are banned. its so frustrating. but im really thankful that you made this site.^-^
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2009
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "yelaiel_3" <yelaiel_3@...> wrote:

        > after reading all your conversation i realized that im just a toddler in yuri world. sometimes when you abbreviate the title i find it difficult to understand or search. and most of the site i know they hardly yuri series in it. even manga its as if they are banned. its so frustrating. but im really thankful that you made this site.^-^

        Welcome to the Yuricon Mailing List!

        Thank you for pointing out what we sometimes forget in any fandom - that every jargon, shorthand and acronym becomes a barrier to understanding.

        Here's a suggestion to everyone - when we start a post, even a reply, begin by mentioning the series by its full name. If there is an alternate Japanese/English name, it might be helpful to take a sec and point out which version we are referring to. We can then mention what we'll be calling it as an abbreviation and use that going forward.

        For instance, we were recently discussing Revolutionary Girl Utena, known as Shoujo Kakumei Utena in Japan. For short, many of us refer to it as, simply, Utena.

        or

        Maria-sama ga Miteru, released in English as Maria Watches Over Us, but is often referred to as MariMite or sometimes MsgM.

        If we can all remember to do that, then newer folks here won't feel as off-put by our crazy fan-fueled rants. I hope!

        Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated"
        http://www.yuricon.org
      • katwilliams@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2009
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "yelaiel_3" <yelaiel_3@...> wrote:

          > after reading all your conversation i realized that im just a toddler in yuri world. sometimes when you abbreviate the title i find it difficult to understand or search. and most of the site i know they hardly yuri series in it. even manga its as if they are banned. its so frustrating. but im really thankful that you made this site.^-^

          Don't feel bad, I've been around the community for years and I can't follow half of what is said half the time. LOL If someone mentions something you are interested in you could always ask, I'm sure someone would be willing to clarify. I know I would.

          Kat