Favorate "Yuri Monogatari" Stories?

  • mara_papimer
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2009
      With the sixth volume now truly emerging from its sealed box to reveal its fabulously yuri waveform I think it is time to consider the stories we loved from past volumes and why they were so enjoyable.

      I thought it was great that 'Flower language' was included in YM5 even though the extra stuff in the original book had to be left out I am glad that more people got to see those two stories thanks to their addition.

      YM5 also had 'Until the sun sets, then rises again' and 'The everyday adventures of two women in love'. I really enjoyed the gentle feel of the latter and the straightforward Shinozuka character in the former.

      (Although I was wierded out as a European that there was an explanation for HMV in that volume. I know it does not exist in the US but it is odd to have familiar things explained to you.)

      I must also guiltily confess that I rarely do more that stare at the gorgeous artwork of Althea K and I do not really understand the stories at all. m(_ _)m

      Of course all 'Rica 'tte kanji!?' chapters (both from YM4&5) are wonderful but that is like saying the sky is blue.

      SO! What about everyone else. I know there is a lot of other great stuff (maybe stories from YM1&2 that I don't own) in this series. What is your favorite?
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2009
        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
        > Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 19:08:35 +0000
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Favorate "Yuri Monogatari" Stories?
        >
        > With the sixth volume now truly emerging from its sealed box to reveal its fabulously yuri waveform I think it is time to consider the stories we loved from past volumes and why they were so enjoyable.

        Of course I cannot go on record as saying there is one story or several I love more than others but I want to say that my absolutely most favorite character in YM6 was not a lead in the story. :-)

        Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.
      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9, 2009
          In my totally non-biased opinion, my favorite is "Flights of Fancy" from YM3.

          Nope, no bias here, whatsoever. Move along.

          On Apr 9, 2009, at 4:35 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:

          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups .com
          > From: in_the_name_ of_union7@ hotmail.co. uk
          > Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 19:08:35 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Favorate "Yuri Monogatari" Stories?
          >
          > With the sixth volume now truly emerging from its sealed box to reveal its fabulously yuri waveform I think it is time to consider the stories we loved from past volumes and why they were so enjoyable.

          Of course I cannot go on record as saying there is one story or several I love more than others but I want to say that my absolutely most favorite character in YM6 was not a lead in the story. :-)

          "World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldsha king.net

          Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.

          -==-

          Serge

          "Visually Impressive!" -- Precocious Curmudgeon

          http://ximatl.blogspot.com

          http://albikal.blogspot.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9, 2009
            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: ximatl@...
            > Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 19:54:49 -0400
            > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Favorate "Yuri Monogatari" Stories?
            >

            > In my totally non-biased opinion, my favorite is "Flights of Fancy" from YM3.
            >
            > Nope, no bias here, whatsoever. Move along.

            Totally unbiased, huh? lol

            Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox.
          • pachy_boy
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 10, 2009
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer" <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:
              >SO! What about everyone else. I know there is a lot of other great stuff (maybe stories from YM1&2 that I don't own) in this series. What is your favorite?

              The one I remember most from the top of my head is 'Overboard' from YM3. Next to the other stories, I guess, I just found it to be cute, sweet and amusing, in how two people divided by the language/cultural barrier still find a way to understand each other--Pachy