MSGM Short Story: Picked-up Handkerchief (no spoilers)

  • sarcastic_weasel
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
      Don't want to spam y'all, but it looks like there are still MSGM short stories coming out. In the May issue of Cobalt, which came out on 4/1 in Japan, there's a 13-page MSGM short story called Hankachi Hiroi, or as I would call it, "The Picked-up Handkerchief," because I suck at translating. (I don't *think* it's a reprint of another story... I don't remember anything with this title.)

      It's one of those things I found totally by chance. Bk1 happened to list the contents of this month's magazine, and it happened to turn up when I was doing a search of Konno Oyuki's name.

      http://www.bk1.jp/product/03105402

      If you go down past the gray horizontal line about halfway down the page, they list the contents of the magazine. (Too bad it's a JPEG, and not text.) Anyway, the fifth line is the short story, with illustrations by Hibiki Reine. There's also a story about the anime as well.

      So it looks like she's still writing MSGM stuff, huh? My inner LoserMariMiteFan is happy. :D
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: sarcastic_weasel@...
        > Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 02:39:05 +0000
        > Subject: [Yuricon] MSGM Short Story: Picked-up Handkerchief (no spoilers)
        >
        > Don't want to spam y'all, but it looks like there are still MSGM short stories coming out. In the May issue of Cobalt, which came out on 4/1 in Japan, there's a 13-page MSGM short story called Hankachi Hiroi, or as I would call it, "The Picked-up Handkerchief," because I suck at translating. (I don't *think* it's a reprint of another story... I don't remember anything with this title.)

        I actually have read a few Lillian stories in Cobalt that have never made it into a collection so far. The last one was a two-parter about two loathsome twins. lol (Not twincest they were just mean.)

        So when Konno said that the Yumi saga is over but that the seires might continue, she obviously meant it.

        Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.
      • sarcastic_weasel
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
          > So when Konno said that the Yumi saga is over but that the seires might continue, she obviously meant it.

          I kind of figured it might be something like that. Considering she went to such great pains to construct "Planet Lillian," she might as well get the most out of it.

          I understand all that stuff about "the creator's vision" and all that, but everyone's gotta eat, and this economy stinks. She might as well get the most out of it as a vehicle to tell her stories.

          Well, I'll probably check it out anyway, just out of curiosity. (Crap. I'm going to pay 638 yen to read a 13-page short story. They got me.)