Re: [Yuricon] Eternal Filena - yuri jrpg

  • Kumiko Yamazaki
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
      Thank you so much...

      Um..where would be a good place to get a good ips patcher programme? >.>

      Kumi.

      On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Grisznak <grisznakiw@...> wrote:
      Hi
      English patch to SNES rpg "Eternal Filena" was published just not so
      far ago (probably month). Why I'm writing about it here? Eternal
      Filena follows the adventures of Filena, a female slave and gladiator
      brought up as a boy in the ocean kingdom of Filosena, which is in the
      middle of a revival. After her first fight she gets (as a prize) Lila,
      former prostitute who becomes her servant and (yes!) wife. After
      escape they both come through many adventures with lotta yuri moments.
      At the beginning, Lila only plays the role of Filena's wife to keep
      her true sex in secret, but as the story goes, she realises that she
      really loves her "wife". It's probably first time when I found such
      open lesbian motive in jrpg.

      Game was based upon serie of novels written by Takeshi Shudo (Minky
      Momo, Pokemon), but it's serious, heroic fantasy thing. There was also
      anime, but sadly, I never have a chance to watch it. For those of you
      who'd like to play "Eternal Filena", I put it into sendspace -
      http://www.sendspace.com/file/f79w1o You can find both rom and and
      patch in the pack, you need also snes emulator to play and ips patcher
      to patch the game file.

      Currently I'm in the half of the game and I can tell you that there
      are kisses, love confessions and even bed scenes (remeber that it's
      1995 SNES game, so do not expect graphic details). After Summon Nights
      and yuri patch to FF IV it's a another great jrpg game for yuri fans.
      Enjoy! If you'll have any problems with a game, feel free to ask.

      cheers
      Grisznak

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      "Some of us turn off the lights and we live
      In the moonlight shooting by
      Some of us scare ourselves to death in the dark
      To be where the angels fly.
      Pretty maids all in a row lined up
      Outside my cabin door
      I've never wanted any of them wanting me
      'cept the girl from the red river shore."

      - Red River Shore, Bob Dylan。

    • Grisznak
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
        For example, here: http://www.zophar.net/utilities/patchutil.html

        2009/3/25 Kumiko Yamazaki <pretty.cure@...>:
        > Thank you so much...
        >
        > Um..where would be a good place to get a good ips patcher programme? >.>
        >
        > Kumi.
        >
        > On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Grisznak <grisznakiw@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Hi
        >> English patch to SNES rpg "Eternal Filena" was published just not so
        >> far ago (probably month). Why I'm writing about it here? Eternal
        >> Filena follows the adventures of Filena, a female slave and gladiator
        >> brought up as a boy in the ocean kingdom of Filosena, which is in the
        >> middle of a revival. After her first fight she gets (as a prize) Lila,
        >> former prostitute who becomes her servant and (yes!) wife. After
        >> escape they both come through many adventures with lotta yuri moments.
        >> At the beginning, Lila only plays the role of Filena's wife to keep
        >> her true sex in secret, but as the story goes, she realises that she
        >> really loves her "wife". It's probably first time when I found such
        >> open lesbian motive in jrpg.
        >>
        >> Game was based upon serie of novels written by Takeshi Shudo (Minky
        >> Momo, Pokemon), but it's serious, heroic fantasy thing. There was also
        >> anime, but sadly, I never have a chance to watch it. For those of you
        >> who'd like to play "Eternal Filena", I put it into sendspace -
        >> http://www.sendspace.com/file/f79w1o You can find both rom and and
        >> patch in the pack, you need also snes emulator to play and ips patcher
        >> to patch the game file.
        >>
        >> Currently I'm in the half of the game and I can tell you that there
        >> are kisses, love confessions and even bed scenes (remeber that it's
        >> 1995 SNES game, so do not expect graphic details). After Summon Nights
        >> and yuri patch to FF IV it's a another great jrpg game for yuri fans.
        >> Enjoy! If you'll have any problems with a game, feel free to ask.
        >>
        >> cheers
        >> Grisznak

        > --
        > "Some of us turn off the lights and we live
        > In the moonlight shooting by
        > Some of us scare ourselves to death in the dark
        > To be where the angels fly.
        > Pretty maids all in a row lined up
        > Outside my cabin door
        > I've never wanted any of them wanting me
        > 'cept the girl from the red river shore."
        >
        > - Red River Shore, Bob Dylan。

      • Kumiko Yamazaki
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
          Thank you :)  *^^*

          The one I got had a limitation on it. >.>

          Kumi.

        • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 26, 2009
            I got an emulator for the game (Zsnesw). The game plays, but I'm not sure how to get the english dialogue in there. Help?

            > Um..where would be a good place to get a good ips patcher programme? >.>
            >
            > Kumi.
            >
            > On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Grisznak <grisznakiw@gmail. com> wrote:
            >>
            >> Hi
            >> English patch to SNES rpg "Eternal Filena" was published just not so
            >> far ago (probably month). Why I'm writing about it here? Eternal
            >> Filena follows the adventures of Filena, a female slave and gladiator
            >> brought up as a boy in the ocean kingdom of Filosena, which is in the
            >> middle of a revival. After her first fight she gets (as a prize) Lila,
            >> former prostitute who becomes her servant and (yes!) wife. After
            >> escape they both come through many adventures with lotta yuri moments.
            >> At the beginning, Lila only plays the role of Filena's wife to keep
            >> her true sex in secret, but as the story goes, she realises that she
            >> really loves her "wife". It's probably first time when I found such
            >> open lesbian motive in jrpg.
            >>
            >> Game was based upon serie of novels written by Takeshi Shudo (Minky
            >> Momo, Pokemon), but it's serious, heroic fantasy thing. There was also
            >> anime, but sadly, I never have a chance to watch it. For those of you
            >> who'd like to play "Eternal Filena", I put it into sendspace -
            >> http://www.sendspac e.com/file/ f79w1o You can find both rom and and
            >> patch in the pack, you need also snes emulator to play and ips patcher
            >> to patch the game file.
            >>
            >> Currently I'm in the half of the game and I can tell you that there
            >> are kisses, love confessions and even bed scenes (remeber that it's
            >> 1995 SNES game, so do not expect graphic details). After Summon Nights
            >> and yuri patch to FF IV it's a another great jrpg game for yuri fans.
            >> Enjoy! If you'll have any problems with a game, feel free to ask.
            >>
            >> cheers
            >> Grisznak

            > --
            > ============ ========= ========= ========= =
            > "Some of us turn off the lights and we live
            > In the moonlight shooting by
            > Some of us scare ourselves to death in the dark
            > To be where the angels fly.
            > Pretty maids all in a row lined up
            > Outside my cabin door
            > I've never wanted any of them wanting me
            > 'cept the girl from the red river shore."
            >
            > - Red River Shore, Bob Dylan。

          • Grisznak
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 26, 2009
              You have to use english patch. Get it (it's in the pack, named "Filena
              98"), unzip, then use ips patcher (I posted the link somewhere in this
              thread) to patch the game file with the english patch. That's all,
              Watson.
              cheers
              Grisznak

            • juntima_be
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 27, 2009
                playing snes brings back good old memories! thanks a lot for this games, yuri game is such a rare lol
                btw, is there any cheat code? lol i'm never good at rpg, never have enough patience to take times gaining experiences to up level or collecting money to buy equipments lol

                > Hi
                > English patch to SNES rpg "Eternal Filena" was published just not so
                > far ago (probably month). Why I'm writing about it here? Eternal
                > Filena follows the adventures of Filena, a female slave and gladiator
                > brought up as a boy in the ocean kingdom of Filosena, which is in the
                > middle of a revival. After her first fight she gets (as a prize) Lila,
                > former prostitute who becomes her servant and (yes!) wife. After
                > escape they both come through many adventures with lotta yuri moments.
                > At the beginning, Lila only plays the role of Filena's wife to keep
                > her true sex in secret, but as the story goes, she realises that she
                > really loves her "wife". It's probably first time when I found such
                > open lesbian motive in jrpg.
                >
                > Game was based upon serie of novels written by Takeshi Shudo (Minky
                > Momo, Pokemon), but it's serious, heroic fantasy thing. There was also
                > anime, but sadly, I never have a chance to watch it. For those of you
                > who'd like to play "Eternal Filena", I put it into sendspace -
                > http://www.sendspace.com/file/f79w1o You can find both rom and and
                > patch in the pack, you need also snes emulator to play and ips patcher
                > to patch the game file.
                >
                > Currently I'm in the half of the game and I can tell you that there
                > are kisses, love confessions and even bed scenes (remeber that it's
                > 1995 SNES game, so do not expect graphic details). After Summon Nights
                > and yuri patch to FF IV it's a another great jrpg game for yuri fans.
                > Enjoy! If you'll have any problems with a game, feel free to ask.
                >
                > cheers
                > Grisznak

              • Grisznak
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 27, 2009
                  Hi
                  Yeah, cheats are something we all like. I didn't use 'em, because this
                  game is rather easy, but Gamesfaq supports us with such codes:
                  http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/571240/35909 You may try
                  'em, hope they will work.
                  cheers
                  Grisznak

                  2009/3/27 juntima_be <juntima@...>:
                  > playing snes brings back good old memories! thanks a lot for this games,
                  > yuri game is such a rare lol
                  > btw, is there any cheat code? lol i'm never good at rpg, never have enough
                  > patience to take times gaining experiences to up level or collecting money
                  > to buy equipments lol
                  >
                  > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Grisznak <grisznakiw@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Hi
                  >> English patch to SNES rpg "Eternal Filena" was published just not so
                  >> far ago (probably month). Why I'm writing about it here? Eternal
                  >> Filena follows the adventures of Filena, a female slave and gladiator
                  >> brought up as a boy in the ocean kingdom of Filosena, which is in the
                  >> middle of a revival. After her first fight she gets (as a prize) Lila,
                  >> former prostitute who becomes her servant and (yes!) wife. After
                  >> escape they both come through many adventures with lotta yuri moments.
                  >> At the beginning, Lila only plays the role of Filena's wife to keep
                  >> her true sex in secret, but as the story goes, she realises that she
                  >> really loves her "wife". It's probably first time when I found such
                  >> open lesbian motive in jrpg.
                  >>
                  >> Game was based upon serie of novels written by Takeshi Shudo (Minky
                  >> Momo, Pokemon), but it's serious, heroic fantasy thing. There was also
                  >> anime, but sadly, I never have a chance to watch it. For those of you
                  >> who'd like to play "Eternal Filena", I put it into sendspace -
                  >> http://www.sendspace.com/file/f79w1o You can find both rom and and
                  >> patch in the pack, you need also snes emulator to play and ips patcher
                  >> to patch the game file.
                  >>
                  >> Currently I'm in the half of the game and I can tell you that there
                  >> are kisses, love confessions and even bed scenes (remeber that it's
                  >> 1995 SNES game, so do not expect graphic details). After Summon Nights
                  >> and yuri patch to FF IV it's a another great jrpg game for yuri fans.
                  >> Enjoy! If you'll have any problems with a game, feel free to ask.
                  >>
                  >> cheers
                  >> Grisznak

                • Stephanie Fogle
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 27, 2009
                    O wow!! This is really great! I've been itching to play a good snes
                    RPG (since I can only play and beat Earthbound so many times @_@) and
                    this is like the goose that laid the goldenp Yuri egg. Now I just
                    have to get through my workday to go home and play it!! Thanksb

                    --
                    Sent from my mobile device