[Yuricon] Eternal Filena - yuri jrpg

  • Grisznak
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
      Hi
      English patch to SNES rpg "Eternal Filena" was published just not so
      far ago (probably month). Why I'm writing about it here? Eternal
      Filena follows the adventures of Filena, a female slave and gladiator
      brought up as a boy in the ocean kingdom of Filosena, which is in the
      middle of a revival. After her first fight she gets (as a prize) Lila,
      former prostitute who becomes her servant and (yes!) wife. After
      escape they both come through many adventures with lotta yuri moments.
      At the beginning, Lila only plays the role of Filena's wife to keep
      her true sex in secret, but as the story goes, she realises that she
      really loves her "wife". It's probably first time when I found such
      open lesbian motive in jrpg.

      Game was based upon serie of novels written by Takeshi Shudo (Minky
      Momo, Pokemon), but it's serious, heroic fantasy thing. There was also
      anime, but sadly, I never have a chance to watch it. For those of you
      who'd like to play "Eternal Filena", I put it into sendspace -
      http://www.sendspace.com/file/f79w1o You can find both rom and and
      patch in the pack, you need also snes emulator to play and ips patcher
      to patch the game file.

      Currently I'm in the half of the game and I can tell you that there
      are kisses, love confessions and even bed scenes (remeber that it's
      1995 SNES game, so do not expect graphic details). After Summon Nights
      and yuri patch to FF IV it's a another great jrpg game for yuri fans.
      Enjoy! If you'll have any problems with a game, feel free to ask.

      cheers
      Grisznak
    • Kumiko Yamazaki
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
        Thank you so much...

        Um..where would be a good place to get a good ips patcher programme? >.>

        Kumi.

        On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Grisznak <grisznakiw@...> wrote:
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        "Some of us turn off the lights and we live
        In the moonlight shooting by
        Some of us scare ourselves to death in the dark
        To be where the angels fly.
        Pretty maids all in a row lined up
        Outside my cabin door
        I've never wanted any of them wanting me
        'cept the girl from the red river shore."

        - Red River Shore, Bob Dylan。

      • Grisznak
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
          For example, here: http://www.zophar.net/utilities/patchutil.html

          2009/3/25 Kumiko Yamazaki <pretty.cure@...>:
          > Thank you so much...
          >
          > Um..where would be a good place to get a good ips patcher programme? >.>
          >
          > Kumi.
          >
          > On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Grisznak <grisznakiw@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi
          >> English patch to SNES rpg "Eternal Filena" was published just not so
          >> far ago (probably month). Why I'm writing about it here? Eternal
          >> Filena follows the adventures of Filena, a female slave and gladiator
          >> brought up as a boy in the ocean kingdom of Filosena, which is in the
          >> middle of a revival. After her first fight she gets (as a prize) Lila,
          >> former prostitute who becomes her servant and (yes!) wife. After
          >> escape they both come through many adventures with lotta yuri moments.
          >> At the beginning, Lila only plays the role of Filena's wife to keep
          >> her true sex in secret, but as the story goes, she realises that she
          >> really loves her "wife". It's probably first time when I found such
          >> open lesbian motive in jrpg.
          >>
          >> Game was based upon serie of novels written by Takeshi Shudo (Minky
          >> Momo, Pokemon), but it's serious, heroic fantasy thing. There was also
          >> anime, but sadly, I never have a chance to watch it. For those of you
          >> who'd like to play "Eternal Filena", I put it into sendspace -
          >> http://www.sendspace.com/file/f79w1o You can find both rom and and
          >> patch in the pack, you need also snes emulator to play and ips patcher
          >> to patch the game file.
          >>
          >> Currently I'm in the half of the game and I can tell you that there
          >> are kisses, love confessions and even bed scenes (remeber that it's
          >> 1995 SNES game, so do not expect graphic details). After Summon Nights
          >> and yuri patch to FF IV it's a another great jrpg game for yuri fans.
          >> Enjoy! If you'll have any problems with a game, feel free to ask.
          >>
          >> cheers
          >> Grisznak

          > --
          > "Some of us turn off the lights and we live
          > In the moonlight shooting by
          > Some of us scare ourselves to death in the dark
          > To be where the angels fly.
          > Pretty maids all in a row lined up
          > Outside my cabin door
          > I've never wanted any of them wanting me
          > 'cept the girl from the red river shore."
          >
          > - Red River Shore, Bob Dylan。

        • Kumiko Yamazaki
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
            Thank you :)  *^^*

            The one I got had a limitation on it. >.>

            Kumi.

          • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 26, 2009
              I got an emulator for the game (Zsnesw). The game plays, but I'm not sure how to get the english dialogue in there. Help?

              > Um..where would be a good place to get a good ips patcher programme? >.>
              >
              > Kumi.
              >
              > On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Grisznak <grisznakiw@gmail. com> wrote:
              >>
              >> Hi
              >> English patch to SNES rpg "Eternal Filena" was published just not so
              >> far ago (probably month). Why I'm writing about it here? Eternal
              >> Filena follows the adventures of Filena, a female slave and gladiator
              >> brought up as a boy in the ocean kingdom of Filosena, which is in the
              >> middle of a revival. After her first fight she gets (as a prize) Lila,
              >> former prostitute who becomes her servant and (yes!) wife. After
              >> escape they both come through many adventures with lotta yuri moments.
              >> At the beginning, Lila only plays the role of Filena's wife to keep
              >> her true sex in secret, but as the story goes, she realises that she
              >> really loves her "wife". It's probably first time when I found such
              >> open lesbian motive in jrpg.
              >>
              >> Game was based upon serie of novels written by Takeshi Shudo (Minky
              >> Momo, Pokemon), but it's serious, heroic fantasy thing. There was also
              >> anime, but sadly, I never have a chance to watch it. For those of you
              >> who'd like to play "Eternal Filena", I put it into sendspace -
              >> http://www.sendspac e.com/file/ f79w1o You can find both rom and and
              >> patch in the pack, you need also snes emulator to play and ips patcher
              >> to patch the game file.
              >>
              >> Currently I'm in the half of the game and I can tell you that there
              >> are kisses, love confessions and even bed scenes (remeber that it's
              >> 1995 SNES game, so do not expect graphic details). After Summon Nights
              >> and yuri patch to FF IV it's a another great jrpg game for yuri fans.
              >> Enjoy! If you'll have any problems with a game, feel free to ask.
              >>
              >> cheers
              >> Grisznak

              > --
              > ============ ========= ========= ========= =
              > "Some of us turn off the lights and we live
              > In the moonlight shooting by
              > Some of us scare ourselves to death in the dark
              > To be where the angels fly.
              > Pretty maids all in a row lined up
              > Outside my cabin door
              > I've never wanted any of them wanting me
              > 'cept the girl from the red river shore."
              >
              > - Red River Shore, Bob Dylan。

            • Grisznak
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 26, 2009
                You have to use english patch. Get it (it's in the pack, named "Filena
                98"), unzip, then use ips patcher (I posted the link somewhere in this
                thread) to patch the game file with the english patch. That's all,
                Watson.
                cheers
                Grisznak

              • juntima_be
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 27, 2009
                  playing snes brings back good old memories! thanks a lot for this games, yuri game is such a rare lol
                  btw, is there any cheat code? lol i'm never good at rpg, never have enough patience to take times gaining experiences to up level or collecting money to buy equipments lol

                  > Hi
                  > English patch to SNES rpg "Eternal Filena" was published just not so
                  > far ago (probably month). Why I'm writing about it here? Eternal
                  > Filena follows the adventures of Filena, a female slave and gladiator
                  > brought up as a boy in the ocean kingdom of Filosena, which is in the
                  > middle of a revival. After her first fight she gets (as a prize) Lila,
                  > former prostitute who becomes her servant and (yes!) wife. After
                  > escape they both come through many adventures with lotta yuri moments.
                  > At the beginning, Lila only plays the role of Filena's wife to keep
                  > her true sex in secret, but as the story goes, she realises that she
                  > really loves her "wife". It's probably first time when I found such
                  > open lesbian motive in jrpg.
                  >
                  > Game was based upon serie of novels written by Takeshi Shudo (Minky
                  > Momo, Pokemon), but it's serious, heroic fantasy thing. There was also
                  > anime, but sadly, I never have a chance to watch it. For those of you
                  > who'd like to play "Eternal Filena", I put it into sendspace -
                  > http://www.sendspace.com/file/f79w1o You can find both rom and and
                  > patch in the pack, you need also snes emulator to play and ips patcher
                  > to patch the game file.
                  >
                  > Currently I'm in the half of the game and I can tell you that there
                  > are kisses, love confessions and even bed scenes (remeber that it's
                  > 1995 SNES game, so do not expect graphic details). After Summon Nights
                  > and yuri patch to FF IV it's a another great jrpg game for yuri fans.
                  > Enjoy! If you'll have any problems with a game, feel free to ask.
                  >
                  > cheers
                  > Grisznak

                • Grisznak
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 27, 2009
                    Hi
                    Yeah, cheats are something we all like. I didn't use 'em, because this
                    game is rather easy, but Gamesfaq supports us with such codes:
                    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/571240/35909 You may try
                    'em, hope they will work.
                    cheers
                    Grisznak

                    2009/3/27 juntima_be <juntima@...>:
                    > playing snes brings back good old memories! thanks a lot for this games,
                    > yuri game is such a rare lol
                    > btw, is there any cheat code? lol i'm never good at rpg, never have enough
                    > patience to take times gaining experiences to up level or collecting money
                    > to buy equipments lol
                    >
                    > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Grisznak <grisznakiw@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Hi
                    >> English patch to SNES rpg "Eternal Filena" was published just not so
                    >> far ago (probably month). Why I'm writing about it here? Eternal
                    >> Filena follows the adventures of Filena, a female slave and gladiator
                    >> brought up as a boy in the ocean kingdom of Filosena, which is in the
                    >> middle of a revival. After her first fight she gets (as a prize) Lila,
                    >> former prostitute who becomes her servant and (yes!) wife. After
                    >> escape they both come through many adventures with lotta yuri moments.
                    >> At the beginning, Lila only plays the role of Filena's wife to keep
                    >> her true sex in secret, but as the story goes, she realises that she
                    >> really loves her "wife". It's probably first time when I found such
                    >> open lesbian motive in jrpg.
                    >>
                    >> Game was based upon serie of novels written by Takeshi Shudo (Minky
                    >> Momo, Pokemon), but it's serious, heroic fantasy thing. There was also
                    >> anime, but sadly, I never have a chance to watch it. For those of you
                    >> who'd like to play "Eternal Filena", I put it into sendspace -
                    >> http://www.sendspace.com/file/f79w1o You can find both rom and and
                    >> patch in the pack, you need also snes emulator to play and ips patcher
                    >> to patch the game file.
                    >>
                    >> Currently I'm in the half of the game and I can tell you that there
                    >> are kisses, love confessions and even bed scenes (remeber that it's
                    >> 1995 SNES game, so do not expect graphic details). After Summon Nights
                    >> and yuri patch to FF IV it's a another great jrpg game for yuri fans.
                    >> Enjoy! If you'll have any problems with a game, feel free to ask.
                    >>
                    >> cheers
                    >> Grisznak

                  • Stephanie Fogle
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 27, 2009
                      O wow!! This is really great! I've been itching to play a good snes
                      RPG (since I can only play and beat Earthbound so many times @_@) and
                      this is like the goose that laid the goldenp Yuri egg. Now I just
                      have to get through my workday to go home and play it!! Thanksb

                      --
                      Sent from my mobile device