Re: Rule of Rose comfired lesbianism.

  • katwilliams@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2009
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer"
      <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

      > Ah yes. I remember this game being advertised but never saw it out in
      > Europe. A very nice idea to turn into a fanfic. I'll look forward to it.

      That would be because Europe is one of the first places to ban the
      game. There was a huge uproar over the overly sexual nature of the
      game, but in fact there is nothing really sexual in the game, other
      then Diana licking blood off of Meg's finger and a scene in which
      another girl is crawling over Jennifer frantically. If you don't know
      what is going on it can come across the wrong way. From what I can
      tell from the letters something did happen between Wendy and Jennifer
      that makes the head master start referring to Jennifer as "Nasty"
      "Disgusting" and "Filthy" but it is really not fully explained.

      I finished the first 8 chapters and took a break in order to research
      more about Orphanages in 1930s England and it is surprising what one
      can find. With the game story the way it is this can be a very dark
      and demented story so I wanted to touch up the opening adding in more
      descriptive and the like. While the game played out in a series of
      flashbacks I'm going to write it in a more linear fashion so it is
      taking a while to sort out the order the story played out. All I have
      is these letter and other events that depict the order of the events
      and I want it to be as close to the game story as possible, not sure
      if that is considered a fanfic or not... more like a novelization.

      Well enjoy rambling out of me. Back to work. Nearly finished another
      page of Inside OuT. I'll probably take a break from manga to work on
      Rule of the Rose again.

      Kat