RE: [Yuricon] Tsubomi- short review

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2009
      From: paradisekiss5@...
      Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:19:53 -0800
      Subject: [Yuricon] Tsubomi- short review

      > hi all,

      > so i got my copy of tsubomi today...and i know i few people here were speculating/hoping that the milk morinaga title in this book would be a continuation of the hitomi and nana stories previously in yuri hime/shimai...

      >unfortunately we don't get a continuation...so boo! the story is called secret recipe and the characters are not from any other morinaga story from yuri hime/shimai (well as far as I can tell).

      It always seemed unlikely to me that Morinaga could do that. Ichijinsha probably owns the characters of Nana and Hitomi and the story.

      If you *really* wanted to make some kind of AU alternative, there's a one shot couple in her YH stories these two could, if you squint and don't read the story, be a version of. But that's mostly because Morinaga only draws three or character types. :-)

      > the rest of the manga i just kinda glanced thru and they seem more like the kind of stories found in yuri hime s...which aren't exactly the type of yuri manga i usually like...i can't say i'm that impressed, but hey it's another new yuri antrhology which is always good...

      With a name like "Tsubomi" ("flower bud") we had to expect more of the same  - the Japanese seem to endlessly fixate on the first school love, for a lot of reasons. And actual lesbians in their Yuri is the exception, not the rule. :-)

      I'll do a full review of Tsubomi on Okazu, as soon as possible, of course. but initial reaction was that there was nothing particularly memorable in this volume. That having been said -this is just the first volume. YH didn't start off super strong, either.

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!