Re: [Yuricon] [OT] Hey Everyone I'm back.

  • Rinu CZ
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
      Hi Kat,

      I am a Mailing List newbie, so nice to meet you and welcome back.

      Rinu

      2009/2/9 KATHRYN WILLIAMS <katwilliams@...>:
      > hi hi,
      >
      > It's Kat, Kathryn K. Williams (Aka: Shinigami Shimai), I'm finally back.
      > After years of taking a break and just focusing on my new married life, and
      > working on novels, I've returned to the world of shoujo-ai/yuri and god to I
      > have a lot of catching up to do. I've really missed you all and all the fun
      > here and at conventions. I don't see myself returning to cons again, but I'm
      > trying to get in touch with people again and stop being so anti-social. My
      > interest in shoujo-ai has returned, even started work on a new shoujo-ai
      > manga series the other month.
      >
      > Well, I hope everyone is doing good. I suspect there are a lot of new people
      > here and hopefully some old as well. I hope to get to know you all again.
      >
      > I've been searching through tones of new shoujo-ai series out there and see
      > I've been missing out all these years. Right now reading Girfriends, Samame
      > Kikoto and a few others and hope to find more to read.
      >
      > Well, It is good to be back. Oh and thanks for continuing to support me. I
      > see the link to my site was changed to my new one, thanks, but there seems
      > to be a double http at the beginning. As soon as I get a new sub for DA I'm
      > going to add banner links to the front page now that it is possible. Always
      > trying to support my fav art form.
      >
      > I'm off. Jaa ne
      >
      > Kat
      > Http://Shinigami-Shimai.deviantart.com

    • mara_papimer
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "katwilliams@..." <katwilliams@...> wrote:

        > LOL, not sure if taking it easy is the right word. Getting married,
        > dealing with immigrations, Moving to our own place and so much more.

        Ah sorry. I as I have read a bit of your writing I have a prejudice to
        presume the worst if a writer such as yourself suddenly drops off my
        radar.

        Anyway read the first few pages of Inside Out and it was very
        entertaining good luck in the future.
      • katwilliams@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer"
          <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

          > Ah sorry. I as I have read a bit of your writing I have a prejudice to
          > presume the worst if a writer such as yourself suddenly drops off my
          > radar.
          >
          > Anyway read the first few pages of Inside Out and it was very
          > entertaining good luck in the future.

          Yeah, I guess it was be easy to jump to conclusion considering the
          types of stories I tend to write. I just crashed after too many
          conventions and working too hard on manga, I mean I drew 100 pages in
          a couple of days once. I was told by my doctors that I really needed
          to step away for a while. I got health, found my soulmate and finished
          7 novels so I didn't really disappear, just took a different direction
          for a bit. My wife is actually the one who convinced me to return to
          manga and the like now that we are settled in our own place, no more
          roommates.

          Thanks for reading my new manga. I'm hoping the rest of the story will
          be equally entertaining. It is very different from my other works,
          more of a romantic/comedy then anything else. That should really tell
          where my life is right now. LOL I hope to have the first chapter
          finished in a month or so. I'll be getting back to it after V-day.

          >Hi Kat,
          >
          >I am a Mailing List newbie, so nice to meet you and welcome back.
          >
          >Rinu

          hi hi,

          I hope you have fun here. I remember really enjoying myself here back
          when I was more active... god, that was over 5 years ago. I do miss
          all the insanity of conventions and the like. Hard to believe it has
          been so long.

          Well jaa ne

          Kat
        • shenotski
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 19, 2009
            Nice to see ya i just randomly decided to see if this group still
            existed myself. Life has a tendency to keep kicking my ass so not to
            many posts will come from me.