Re: [OT] Hey Everyone I'm back.

  • katwilliams@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
      > Welcome back, Kat. :-)
      >
      > Feel free to post links to your new manga, sure. I try to discourage
      > direct posting these days, since we have an all-ages crowd and not
      > everyone has good decision making abilities. ;-)

      > Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      > http://okazu.blogspot.com

      Thanks, it is good to be back, both here and back to drawing manga
      again. I can't believe how much I missed it. I'll post the manga in a
      moment, I just have to fix something first.

      I can understand that. What one person may consider appropriate
      another may not. I'll just post links then, it is alright with me. Oh,
      I also finished an old Yuriko image that I'll post as well.

      Well jaa ne

      Kat
    • Rinu CZ
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
        Hi Kat,

        I am a Mailing List newbie, so nice to meet you and welcome back.

        Rinu

        2009/2/9 KATHRYN WILLIAMS <katwilliams@...>:
        > hi hi,
        >
        > It's Kat, Kathryn K. Williams (Aka: Shinigami Shimai), I'm finally back.
        > After years of taking a break and just focusing on my new married life, and
        > working on novels, I've returned to the world of shoujo-ai/yuri and god to I
        > have a lot of catching up to do. I've really missed you all and all the fun
        > here and at conventions. I don't see myself returning to cons again, but I'm
        > trying to get in touch with people again and stop being so anti-social. My
        > interest in shoujo-ai has returned, even started work on a new shoujo-ai
        > manga series the other month.
        >
        > Well, I hope everyone is doing good. I suspect there are a lot of new people
        > here and hopefully some old as well. I hope to get to know you all again.
        >
        > I've been searching through tones of new shoujo-ai series out there and see
        > I've been missing out all these years. Right now reading Girfriends, Samame
        > Kikoto and a few others and hope to find more to read.
        >
        > Well, It is good to be back. Oh and thanks for continuing to support me. I
        > see the link to my site was changed to my new one, thanks, but there seems
        > to be a double http at the beginning. As soon as I get a new sub for DA I'm
        > going to add banner links to the front page now that it is possible. Always
        > trying to support my fav art form.
        >
        > I'm off. Jaa ne
        >
        > Kat
        > Http://Shinigami-Shimai.deviantart.com

      • mara_papimer
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "katwilliams@..." <katwilliams@...> wrote:

          > LOL, not sure if taking it easy is the right word. Getting married,
          > dealing with immigrations, Moving to our own place and so much more.

          Ah sorry. I as I have read a bit of your writing I have a prejudice to
          presume the worst if a writer such as yourself suddenly drops off my
          radar.

          Anyway read the first few pages of Inside Out and it was very
          entertaining good luck in the future.
        • katwilliams@rogers.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer"
            <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

            > Ah sorry. I as I have read a bit of your writing I have a prejudice to
            > presume the worst if a writer such as yourself suddenly drops off my
            > radar.
            >
            > Anyway read the first few pages of Inside Out and it was very
            > entertaining good luck in the future.

            Yeah, I guess it was be easy to jump to conclusion considering the
            types of stories I tend to write. I just crashed after too many
            conventions and working too hard on manga, I mean I drew 100 pages in
            a couple of days once. I was told by my doctors that I really needed
            to step away for a while. I got health, found my soulmate and finished
            7 novels so I didn't really disappear, just took a different direction
            for a bit. My wife is actually the one who convinced me to return to
            manga and the like now that we are settled in our own place, no more
            roommates.

            Thanks for reading my new manga. I'm hoping the rest of the story will
            be equally entertaining. It is very different from my other works,
            more of a romantic/comedy then anything else. That should really tell
            where my life is right now. LOL I hope to have the first chapter
            finished in a month or so. I'll be getting back to it after V-day.

            >Hi Kat,
            >
            >I am a Mailing List newbie, so nice to meet you and welcome back.
            >
            >Rinu

            hi hi,

            I hope you have fun here. I remember really enjoying myself here back
            when I was more active... god, that was over 5 years ago. I do miss
            all the insanity of conventions and the like. Hard to believe it has
            been so long.

            Well jaa ne

            Kat
          • shenotski
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 19, 2009
              Nice to see ya i just randomly decided to see if this group still
              existed myself. Life has a tendency to keep kicking my ass so not to
              many posts will come from me.