Re: [OT] Hey Everyone I'm back.

  • mara_papimer
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2009
      Yay! Good to hear that you were just taking it easy.

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, KATHRYN WILLIAMS <katwilliams@...> wrote:

      >My interest in shoujo-ai has returned...

      Odd. You may as well say your interest in breathing has returned.
    • katwilliams@rogers.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer"
        <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

        > Yay! Good to hear that you were just taking it easy.
        >
        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, KATHRYN WILLIAMS <katwilliams@> wrote:
        > >
        > >My interest in shoujo-ai has returned...
        > >

        > Odd. You may as well say your interest in breathing has returned.

        LOL, not sure if taking it easy is the right word. Getting married,
        dealing with immigrations, Moving to our own place and so much more. I
        think I've been only taking it easy this past year which is why I've
        returned, life finally calmed down a little.

        Maybe I should have said my interest in anime and manga in general has
        returned. For a couple years there I just did not feel like reading
        manga or watching any anime. I just got tired of it so only focused on
        reading novels for the most part and writing. It wasn't until last
        year that even began drawing again. I knew I wanted to return to
        shoujo-ai when someone challenged me with writing a fanfic of all
        things, I still can't believe I did that.

        Well, sorry to ramble it is good to be back. If people are interested
        I may post my newest shoujo-ai manga, Inside OuT.

        Kat
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "katwilliams@..." <katwilliams@...>
          wrote:

          > Well, sorry to ramble it is good to be back. If people are interested
          > I may post my newest shoujo-ai manga, Inside OuT.

          Welcome back, Kat. :-)

          Feel free to post links to your new manga, sure. I try to discourage
          direct posting these days, since we have an all-ages crowd and not
          everyone has good decision making abilities. ;-)

          Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
          http://okazu.blogspot.com
        • katwilliams@rogers.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
            > Welcome back, Kat. :-)
            >
            > Feel free to post links to your new manga, sure. I try to discourage
            > direct posting these days, since we have an all-ages crowd and not
            > everyone has good decision making abilities. ;-)

            > Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
            > http://okazu.blogspot.com

            Thanks, it is good to be back, both here and back to drawing manga
            again. I can't believe how much I missed it. I'll post the manga in a
            moment, I just have to fix something first.

            I can understand that. What one person may consider appropriate
            another may not. I'll just post links then, it is alright with me. Oh,
            I also finished an old Yuriko image that I'll post as well.

            Well jaa ne

            Kat
          • Rinu CZ
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
              Hi Kat,

              I am a Mailing List newbie, so nice to meet you and welcome back.

              Rinu

              2009/2/9 KATHRYN WILLIAMS <katwilliams@...>:
              > hi hi,
              >
              > It's Kat, Kathryn K. Williams (Aka: Shinigami Shimai), I'm finally back.
              > After years of taking a break and just focusing on my new married life, and
              > working on novels, I've returned to the world of shoujo-ai/yuri and god to I
              > have a lot of catching up to do. I've really missed you all and all the fun
              > here and at conventions. I don't see myself returning to cons again, but I'm
              > trying to get in touch with people again and stop being so anti-social. My
              > interest in shoujo-ai has returned, even started work on a new shoujo-ai
              > manga series the other month.
              >
              > Well, I hope everyone is doing good. I suspect there are a lot of new people
              > here and hopefully some old as well. I hope to get to know you all again.
              >
              > I've been searching through tones of new shoujo-ai series out there and see
              > I've been missing out all these years. Right now reading Girfriends, Samame
              > Kikoto and a few others and hope to find more to read.
              >
              > Well, It is good to be back. Oh and thanks for continuing to support me. I
              > see the link to my site was changed to my new one, thanks, but there seems
              > to be a double http at the beginning. As soon as I get a new sub for DA I'm
              > going to add banner links to the front page now that it is possible. Always
              > trying to support my fav art form.
              >
              > I'm off. Jaa ne
              >
              > Kat
              > Http://Shinigami-Shimai.deviantart.com

            • mara_papimer
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "katwilliams@..." <katwilliams@...> wrote:

                > LOL, not sure if taking it easy is the right word. Getting married,
                > dealing with immigrations, Moving to our own place and so much more.

                Ah sorry. I as I have read a bit of your writing I have a prejudice to
                presume the worst if a writer such as yourself suddenly drops off my
                radar.

                Anyway read the first few pages of Inside Out and it was very
                entertaining good luck in the future.
              • katwilliams@rogers.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
                  <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

                  > Ah sorry. I as I have read a bit of your writing I have a prejudice to
                  > presume the worst if a writer such as yourself suddenly drops off my
                  > radar.
                  >
                  > Anyway read the first few pages of Inside Out and it was very
                  > entertaining good luck in the future.

                  Yeah, I guess it was be easy to jump to conclusion considering the
                  types of stories I tend to write. I just crashed after too many
                  conventions and working too hard on manga, I mean I drew 100 pages in
                  a couple of days once. I was told by my doctors that I really needed
                  to step away for a while. I got health, found my soulmate and finished
                  7 novels so I didn't really disappear, just took a different direction
                  for a bit. My wife is actually the one who convinced me to return to
                  manga and the like now that we are settled in our own place, no more
                  roommates.

                  Thanks for reading my new manga. I'm hoping the rest of the story will
                  be equally entertaining. It is very different from my other works,
                  more of a romantic/comedy then anything else. That should really tell
                  where my life is right now. LOL I hope to have the first chapter
                  finished in a month or so. I'll be getting back to it after V-day.

                  >Hi Kat,
                  >
                  >I am a Mailing List newbie, so nice to meet you and welcome back.
                  >
                  >Rinu

                  hi hi,

                  I hope you have fun here. I remember really enjoying myself here back
                  when I was more active... god, that was over 5 years ago. I do miss
                  all the insanity of conventions and the like. Hard to believe it has
                  been so long.

                  Well jaa ne

                  Kat
                • shenotski
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 19, 2009
                    Nice to see ya i just randomly decided to see if this group still
                    existed myself. Life has a tendency to keep kicking my ass so not to
                    many posts will come from me.