[OT] Hey Everyone I'm back.

  • KATHRYN WILLIAMS
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2009
      hi hi,

      It's Kat, Kathryn K. Williams (Aka: Shinigami Shimai), I'm finally back. After years of taking a break and just focusing on my new married life, and working on novels, I've returned to the world of shoujo-ai/yuri and god to I have a lot of catching up to do. I've really missed you all and all the fun here and at conventions. I don't see myself returning to cons again, but I'm trying to get in touch with people again and stop being so anti-social. My interest in shoujo-ai has returned, even started work on a new shoujo-ai manga series the other month.

      Well, I hope everyone is doing good. I suspect there are a lot of new people here and hopefully some old as well. I hope to get to know you all again.

      I've been searching through tones of new shoujo-ai series out there and see I've been missing out all these years. Right now reading Girfriends, Samame Kikoto and a few others and hope to find more to read.

      Well, It is good to be back. Oh and thanks for continuing to support me. I see the link to my site was changed to my new one, thanks, but there seems to be a double http at the beginning. As soon as I get a new sub for DA I'm going to add banner links to the front page now that it is possible. Always trying to support my fav art form.

      I'm off. Jaa ne

      Kat
      Http://Shinigami-Shimai.deviantart.com

    • mara_papimer
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8, 2009
        Yay! Good to hear that you were just taking it easy.

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, KATHRYN WILLIAMS <katwilliams@...> wrote:

        >My interest in shoujo-ai has returned...

        Odd. You may as well say your interest in breathing has returned.
      • katwilliams@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer"
          <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

          > Yay! Good to hear that you were just taking it easy.
          >
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, KATHRYN WILLIAMS <katwilliams@> wrote:
          > >
          > >My interest in shoujo-ai has returned...
          > >

          > Odd. You may as well say your interest in breathing has returned.

          LOL, not sure if taking it easy is the right word. Getting married,
          dealing with immigrations, Moving to our own place and so much more. I
          think I've been only taking it easy this past year which is why I've
          returned, life finally calmed down a little.

          Maybe I should have said my interest in anime and manga in general has
          returned. For a couple years there I just did not feel like reading
          manga or watching any anime. I just got tired of it so only focused on
          reading novels for the most part and writing. It wasn't until last
          year that even began drawing again. I knew I wanted to return to
          shoujo-ai when someone challenged me with writing a fanfic of all
          things, I still can't believe I did that.

          Well, sorry to ramble it is good to be back. If people are interested
          I may post my newest shoujo-ai manga, Inside OuT.

          Kat
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "katwilliams@..." <katwilliams@...>
            wrote:

            > Well, sorry to ramble it is good to be back. If people are interested
            > I may post my newest shoujo-ai manga, Inside OuT.

            Welcome back, Kat. :-)

            Feel free to post links to your new manga, sure. I try to discourage
            direct posting these days, since we have an all-ages crowd and not
            everyone has good decision making abilities. ;-)

            Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
            http://okazu.blogspot.com
          • katwilliams@rogers.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
              > Welcome back, Kat. :-)
              >
              > Feel free to post links to your new manga, sure. I try to discourage
              > direct posting these days, since we have an all-ages crowd and not
              > everyone has good decision making abilities. ;-)

              > Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
              > http://okazu.blogspot.com

              Thanks, it is good to be back, both here and back to drawing manga
              again. I can't believe how much I missed it. I'll post the manga in a
              moment, I just have to fix something first.

              I can understand that. What one person may consider appropriate
              another may not. I'll just post links then, it is alright with me. Oh,
              I also finished an old Yuriko image that I'll post as well.

              Well jaa ne

              Kat
            • Rinu CZ
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
                Hi Kat,

                I am a Mailing List newbie, so nice to meet you and welcome back.

                Rinu

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "katwilliams@..." <katwilliams@...> wrote:

                  > LOL, not sure if taking it easy is the right word. Getting married,
                  > dealing with immigrations, Moving to our own place and so much more.

                  Ah sorry. I as I have read a bit of your writing I have a prejudice to
                  presume the worst if a writer such as yourself suddenly drops off my
                  radar.

                  Anyway read the first few pages of Inside Out and it was very
                  entertaining good luck in the future.
                • katwilliams@rogers.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
                    <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

                    > Ah sorry. I as I have read a bit of your writing I have a prejudice to
                    > presume the worst if a writer such as yourself suddenly drops off my
                    > radar.
                    >
                    > Anyway read the first few pages of Inside Out and it was very
                    > entertaining good luck in the future.

                    Yeah, I guess it was be easy to jump to conclusion considering the
                    types of stories I tend to write. I just crashed after too many
                    conventions and working too hard on manga, I mean I drew 100 pages in
                    a couple of days once. I was told by my doctors that I really needed
                    to step away for a while. I got health, found my soulmate and finished
                    7 novels so I didn't really disappear, just took a different direction
                    for a bit. My wife is actually the one who convinced me to return to
                    manga and the like now that we are settled in our own place, no more
                    roommates.

                    Thanks for reading my new manga. I'm hoping the rest of the story will
                    be equally entertaining. It is very different from my other works,
                    more of a romantic/comedy then anything else. That should really tell
                    where my life is right now. LOL I hope to have the first chapter
                    finished in a month or so. I'll be getting back to it after V-day.

                    >Hi Kat,
                    >
                    >I am a Mailing List newbie, so nice to meet you and welcome back.
                    >
                    >Rinu

                    hi hi,

                    I hope you have fun here. I remember really enjoying myself here back
                    when I was more active... god, that was over 5 years ago. I do miss
                    all the insanity of conventions and the like. Hard to believe it has
                    been so long.

                    Well jaa ne

                    Kat
                  • shenotski
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 19, 2009
                      Nice to see ya i just randomly decided to see if this group still
                      existed myself. Life has a tendency to keep kicking my ass so not to
                      many posts will come from me.