Re: [Yuricon] MSGM Season 4, Episode 5

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2009
      On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:12:55 -0500, Erica Friedman
      <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

      > > And after watching this episode with subs so I could actually
      > > understand more than one line in ten... Holy god, Sachiko wasn't
      > >
      > > just dropping hints, she was dropping *anvils*.
      > I'm ususally the first person to see that, but you know - I'm totally
      > not seeing what you're seeing there.

      I was, I admit, exaggerating for effect. But this episode just felt
      quite heavily romantic to me for some reason. Perhaps just Sachiko
      being playful and even more tactile with Yumi than usual. (Talking
      about enjoying being squashed up against her on the train?)

      (I was right about the goodnight kiss, though, wasn't I? ;)

      > But given the *actual* content of the conversation changes the
      > meaning a little. When Yumi says "acting like you're breaking the
      > engagement" - consider it a cypher for a more pressing question about
      > Kashiwagi's choices.

      Well, it did seem very much to me like she was, in a very oblique
      way, asking (and having answered) the obvious question about Kashiwagi,
      and that he was trying to push her along a bit in his stead.

      > I'm still thinking we have a fair chance of a Valentine's Day event
      > climax for the season - and it is very climactic, followed by date
      > and the vague hope of a 5th season, if PIzza Hut sells enough
      > Marimite pizzas.

      If they actually sold them here I'd happily get over myself and buy one
      if it'd guarantee us that.

      Personally, I'd like to hold out hope for getting that second amusement
      park visit animated. I'm a simple creature.
      .oO("...yak, yak, yak, yak" )
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2009
        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: adam@...
        > Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:50:37 +0000
        > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] MSGM Season 4, Episode 5
        >
        > I was, I admit, exaggerating for effect. But this episode just felt
        > quite heavily romantic to me for some reason. Perhaps just Sachiko
        > being playful and even more tactile with Yumi than usual. (Talking
        > about enjoying being squashed up against her on the train?)

        That part I'll agree with

        > (I was right about the goodnight kiss, though, wasn't I? ;)

        Maybe it's me, but I just don't see that even a little if I squint.

        > Well, it did seem very much to me like she was, in a very oblique
        > way, asking (and having answered) the obvious question about Kashiwagi,
        > and that he was trying to push her along a bit in his stead.

        Again, perhaps I'm fried a bit on "omg are they ever gonna kisss???!!!!" fandom, but while I see him telling her to rise above in her expectations, I'm just not seeing "take her as a wife, if you can" in his words.

        >> I'm still thinking we have a fair chance of a Valentine's Day event
        >> climax for the season - and it is very climactic, followed by date
        >> and the vague hope of a 5th season, if PIzza Hut sells enough
        >> Marimite pizzas.
        >
        > If they actually sold them here I'd happily get over myself and buy one
        > if it'd guarantee us that.

        Me too. I tried to explain it to Pizza Hut USA and they said, "If you want pizzas donated for your event..." I said "No I want pizza boxes from Japan - or failing that, the same campaign here," and they replied, "If you want pizzas donated for your event..." I gave up in disgust.

        > Personally, I'd like to hold out hope for getting that second amusement
        > park visit animated. I'm a simple creature.

        I have to say, that was one of my favorite whole novels. It was very shiny.

        http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_explore_022009
      • NeoHrtgdv
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4, 2009
          I tried the same in Mexico, asked pizza hut for marimite campaign and to
          bring more anime campaigns arguing many anime (Naruto for example) is
          broadcast around the country and many anime fans enjoy pizza, their
          response was:

          "we check our campaigns with a test group, but we'll keep you suggestion
          in mind" oO'

          As for the yuri.. I don't think they'll ever kiss, ever. Marimite is a
          two sided coin, with yuri and non-yuri there you can never see both
          sides at once.