Re: [Yuricon] MSGM Season 4, Episode 5

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2009
      On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 16:05:30 +0000, Adam Jones
      <adam@...> wrote:

      > Only when Yumi failed to take an absolutely golden opportunity to give
      > Sachiko a kiss goodnight at the end there. I mean, seriously, does
      > she need a signed invitation?

      And after watching this episode with subs so I could actually
      understand more than one line in ten... Holy god, Sachiko wasn't just
      dropping hints, she was dropping *anvils*. Even Kashiwagi was telling
      Yumi to just go for it already. I had to turn the Yuri Goggles
      down to avoid being blinded by the glare. Was the source novel even
      half as concentratedly slashtastic?
      .oO("IIJM, or would a Gadget porno be deeply, deeply wonderful?" )
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2009
        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: adam@...
        > Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 18:44:21 +0000
        > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] MSGM Season 4, Episode 5
        >

        > And after watching this episode with subs so I could actually
        > understand more than one line in ten... Holy god, Sachiko wasn't just
        > dropping hints, she was dropping *anvils*. Even Kashiwagi was telling
        > Yumi to just go for it already. I had to turn the Yuri Goggles
        > down to avoid being blinded by the glare. Was the source novel even
        > half as concentratedly slashtastic?

        Not really. This was a pretty not-heavy on the Yuri stick novel IIRC. However, I think there may have been some significant changes from the novel - simply based on the opportunoty for a good night kiss at all. I still haven't watched it, so I'll let you know when I do.

        Now the *second* amusement park visit novel, Kira Kira Mawaru - that was full o'Yuri, especially Noriko x Shimako.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4, 2009
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: adam@...
          > Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 18:44:21 +0000
          > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] MSGM Season 4, Episode 5

          Okay watched it.

          > And after watching this episode with subs so I could actually
          > understand more than one line in ten... Holy god, Sachiko wasn't just
          > dropping hints, she was dropping *anvils*.

          I'm ususally the first person to see that, but you know - I'm totally not seeing what you're seeing there. I'm pretty much seeing them being typical soeur-like creatures.

          Even Kashiwagi was telling
          > Yumi to just go for it already. I had to turn the Yuri Goggles
          > down to avoid being blinded by the glare. Was the source novel even
          > half as concentratedly slashtastic?

          The major change in the anime was the content of Kashiwagi and Yumi's conversation. They had to do that, or a morning slot would have been right out, I imagine. :-)

          But given the *actual* content of the conversation changes the meaning a little. When Yumi says "acting like you're breaking the engagement" - consider it a cypher for a more pressing question about Kashiwagi's choices.

          Looks like next week we get one teeny little side story that I am absolutely *thrilled* they are keeping. Sean will of course be pleased by the main text, since it's Touko-centric.

          I'm still thinking we have a fair chance of a Valentine's Day event climax for the season - and it is very climactic, followed by date and the vague hope of a 5th season, if PIzza Hut sells enough Marimite pizzas.

          Cheers, Erica

          Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
          http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_explore_022009
        • Adam Jones
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 4, 2009
            On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:12:55 -0500, Erica Friedman
            <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

            > > And after watching this episode with subs so I could actually
            > > understand more than one line in ten... Holy god, Sachiko wasn't
            > >
            > > just dropping hints, she was dropping *anvils*.
            > I'm ususally the first person to see that, but you know - I'm totally
            > not seeing what you're seeing there.

            I was, I admit, exaggerating for effect. But this episode just felt
            quite heavily romantic to me for some reason. Perhaps just Sachiko
            being playful and even more tactile with Yumi than usual. (Talking
            about enjoying being squashed up against her on the train?)

            (I was right about the goodnight kiss, though, wasn't I? ;)

            > But given the *actual* content of the conversation changes the
            > meaning a little. When Yumi says "acting like you're breaking the
            > engagement" - consider it a cypher for a more pressing question about
            > Kashiwagi's choices.

            Well, it did seem very much to me like she was, in a very oblique
            way, asking (and having answered) the obvious question about Kashiwagi,
            and that he was trying to push her along a bit in his stead.

            > I'm still thinking we have a fair chance of a Valentine's Day event
            > climax for the season - and it is very climactic, followed by date
            > and the vague hope of a 5th season, if PIzza Hut sells enough
            > Marimite pizzas.

            If they actually sold them here I'd happily get over myself and buy one
            if it'd guarantee us that.

            Personally, I'd like to hold out hope for getting that second amusement
            park visit animated. I'm a simple creature.
            .oO("...yak, yak, yak, yak" )
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 4, 2009
              > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              > From: adam@...
              > Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:50:37 +0000
              > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] MSGM Season 4, Episode 5
              >
              > I was, I admit, exaggerating for effect. But this episode just felt
              > quite heavily romantic to me for some reason. Perhaps just Sachiko
              > being playful and even more tactile with Yumi than usual. (Talking
              > about enjoying being squashed up against her on the train?)

              That part I'll agree with

              > (I was right about the goodnight kiss, though, wasn't I? ;)

              Maybe it's me, but I just don't see that even a little if I squint.

              > Well, it did seem very much to me like she was, in a very oblique
              > way, asking (and having answered) the obvious question about Kashiwagi,
              > and that he was trying to push her along a bit in his stead.

              Again, perhaps I'm fried a bit on "omg are they ever gonna kisss???!!!!" fandom, but while I see him telling her to rise above in her expectations, I'm just not seeing "take her as a wife, if you can" in his words.

              >> I'm still thinking we have a fair chance of a Valentine's Day event
              >> climax for the season - and it is very climactic, followed by date
              >> and the vague hope of a 5th season, if PIzza Hut sells enough
              >> Marimite pizzas.
              >
              > If they actually sold them here I'd happily get over myself and buy one
              > if it'd guarantee us that.

              Me too. I tried to explain it to Pizza Hut USA and they said, "If you want pizzas donated for your event..." I said "No I want pizza boxes from Japan - or failing that, the same campaign here," and they replied, "If you want pizzas donated for your event..." I gave up in disgust.

              > Personally, I'd like to hold out hope for getting that second amusement
              > park visit animated. I'm a simple creature.

              I have to say, that was one of my favorite whole novels. It was very shiny.

              Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
              http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_explore_022009
            • NeoHrtgdv
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 4, 2009
                I tried the same in Mexico, asked pizza hut for marimite campaign and to
                bring more anime campaigns arguing many anime (Naruto for example) is
                broadcast around the country and many anime fans enjoy pizza, their
                response was:

                "we check our campaigns with a test group, but we'll keep you suggestion
                in mind" oO'

                As for the yuri.. I don't think they'll ever kiss, ever. Marimite is a
                two sided coin, with yuri and non-yuri there you can never see both
                sides at once.