Quick Question for SutoPani fans

  • Kumiko Yamazaki
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2009
      Hi..Sorry for the silly question

      I was about to make an order from the Yuricon store for some Strawberry Panic / Maria-sama stuff.

      I want the Christmas CD of Maria-sama so that's easy.  However, I wasn't sure which CD to get of SP.  There are a few drama CDs and a Web Radio one, but wanted opinion from those who might have got these before, which did you like best? :3

      Sorry for the 'hen shitsumon', just looking for some ideas before I order. *^^*

      Kumi.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
        To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        From: pretty.cure@...
        Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:16:31 +0800
        Subject: [Yuricon] Quick Question for SutoPani fans

        > I want the Christmas CD of Maria-sama so that's easy. However, I wasn't sure which CD to get of SP. There are a few drama CDs and a Web Radio one, but wanted opinion from those who might have got these before, which did you like best? :3

        IMHO, they are all pretty wretched. lol

        The Miator Volume's plot is "zoMG, whose are the purple underwear!?!"

        Tamao's VA comments drily on the extra track that, "gee we all said the word 'panties' alot."

        The Spica Volume's plot is "Hikari tries to lose weight because Amane will find anorexia appealing."

        The extra track was so brief that it was clear *everyone* hated recording this CD.

        And the Lu Lim volume's plot is "Chikaru dresses the Henshin club up lke maids, then they peep in on a bunch of sexually suggestive *sounding* situations that are all really innocent once you take a look.

        This one has one of the worst service moments early on, but also something that approaches the closest to an actual story, when Chikaru tells her tragic lost love story.

        I'd probably suggest going for the first, the Miator volume, but I couldn't tell you why, exactly.... lol

        Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
        http://okazu.blogspot.com

        http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_explore_012009
      • Kumiko Yamazaki
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
          Hehehe...thanks for the info.  At least I know.

          I wish I could buy shirts with the school logos on them..or failing that..the school uniforms. I'm nuts. >.>

          Anyways...I own the DVDs and the manga/novels translated thus far ( which may be all for now I hear <.< ), so wanted to buy some more of it.

          Maybe I should check out a new series XD Any new must read manga pop up on Yuricon shop? :)

          Kumi.

          To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          From: pretty.cure@...
          Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:16:31 +0800

          > I want the Christmas CD of Maria-sama so that's easy.  However, I wasn't sure which CD to get of SP.  There are a few drama CDs and a Web Radio one, but wanted opinion from those who might have got these before, which did you like best? :3

          IMHO, they are all pretty wretched. lol

          The Miator Volume's plot is "zoMG, whose are the purple underwear!?!"

          Tamao's VA comments drily on the extra track that, "gee we all said the word 'panties' alot."

          The Spica Volume's plot is "Hikari tries to lose weight because Amane will find anorexia appealing."

          The extra track was so brief that it was clear *everyone* hated recording this CD.

          And the Lu Lim volume's plot is "Chikaru dresses the Henshin club up lke maids, then they peep in on a bunch of sexually suggestive *sounding* situations that are all really innocent once you take a look.

          This one has one of the worst service moments early on, but also something that approaches the closest to an actual story, when Chikaru tells her tragic lost love story.

          I'd probably suggest going for the first, the Miator volume, but I couldn't tell you why, exactly.... lol

          Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
          http://okazu.blogspot.com

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          "Some of us turn off the lights and we live
          In the moonlight shooting by
          Some of us scare ourselves to death in the dark
          To be where the angels fly.
          Pretty maids all in a row lined up
          Outside my cabin door
          I've never wanted any of them wanting me
          'cept the girl from the red river shore."

          - Red River Shore, Bob Dylan。

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: pretty.cure@...
            > Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:15:10 +0800
            > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Quick Question for SutoPani fans
            >

            > Hehehe...thanks for the info. At least I know.
            >
            > I wish I could buy shirts with the school logos on them..or failing that..the school uniforms. I'm nuts.>.>
            >
            > Anyways...I own the DVDs and the manga/novels translated thus far ( which may be all for now I hear <.< ), so wanted to buy some more of it.

            I have the school pins. :-)

            > Maybe I should check out a new series XD Any new must read manga pop up on Yuricon shop? :)

            All of it, of course. :-)

            I'd say "Clover" by Hiyori Otsu and "Octave" if you haven't read those yet. The second "Strawberry Shake Sweet" is out now.

            I'm covering new titles of interest on the Okazu weekly news report in a section called 'Snatches of Yuri" (pun intended) where I point out new series I don't know much about but they seem to be popular in Japanese Yuri circles. You could look at that and see if anything strikes your fancy. And pretty much everything I review on Okazu is on the Shop, too.

            If you want a decent, fun Drama CD I'd suggest the El Cazador ones over the SP DCDs. Unless you really want to hear obsessive discussion of underwear.

            http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009
          • Nanchan
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 30, 2009
              Oh, and speaking of Clover, it seems that Storm in Heaven is planning to scanlate it soon! There's really nothing here yet, but there IS a page up for it under their Planned Projects section: http://www.unblessed.net/SiH/manga.php?t=138

              A nice surprise - SiH does quality work, but hasn't had any yuri projects so far (though they did do the Yumeko Sumomo one-shot Blue Cat's Tunnel which had a very heavy subtext). I'll be waiting eagerly for it to start.

              ~ Nanchan