RE: [Yuricon] Re: GLAAD doesn't know what "gay comics" are

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2009
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
      > Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:19:29 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: GLAAD doesn't know what "gay comics" are
      >
      > What would they be looking for precisely? I'm very sure what GLAAD
      > sees as a good representation does not match mine.
      >
      > "This character is very cool." Might not highlight the particular
      > factors that would draw them in.

       You're not trying to give them suggestions for specific awards, just let them know what you consider an excellent GLBT comic. If you aren't sure, then don't feel obliged - I just think that they probably don't know what Yuri or Yaoi is, and it's up to readers to tell let them know they are out there. :-)

      Yuricon - "For real women who like their woman...animated."
      http://www.yuricon.org

      Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. See how it works.