Re: Utena movie and yuri themed games

  • pachy_boy
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 11 8:12 AM

      > You *could* watch the movie on its own, but the surreal symbolism has
      > more context (if not more meaning) after you have watched the entire
      > series.
      >
      > Plus, the TV series is *excellent*.

      Another reason to watch the movie last is also because (while trying
      not to give much away) it has a more direct happy ending than the TV
      series, which makes it a little more feel-good.

      The first Bubblegum Crisis has retro-80's music, while the second
      series has a fun rock'n'roll soundtrack, and the tone/atmosphere of
      both series reflect the music. Given the two, I prefer the latter
      version--Pachy
    • Nanchan
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 12 8:22 PM
        Fatal Frame 2 may be fake yuri, but it's still very enjoyable on that front (as well as being a great game in general; the best in the series, IMO). If that's your thing, then Fatal Frame 3 may be of interest as well; Miku from the first FF game appears as a side character who happens to be shacking up with the female protagonist.

        ~ Nanchan