RE: [Yuricon] Back to the garden

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: adam@...
      > Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:49:51 +0100
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Back to the garden
      >
      > Clearly it's still a trashtastic piece of fanfic, but we'll forgive them
      > nonetheless, partly because it reminds me of Bubblegum Crisis, and
      > partly because Kate is thoroughly hot. And no, there's not really any
      > yuri at all, but won't let that deter us, will we?

      I was watching Wil Smith;s "I, Robot" last night and found myself naming all the many, many series with the identical plot. BGC featured. Red Garden didn't. ;)

      > (One of these days I'll have to try reading the manga...)

      I think you'd like it. It's creepy, disturbing and drawn by a man with a doll fetish.

    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008
        On 09-Oct-2008 06:34 -0400, Erica Friedman wrote:

        > I was watching Wil Smith;s "I, Robot" last night and found myself naming all the many, many series with the identical plot. BGC featured. Red Garden didn't. ;)

        I guess it was more the cityscape, the bikes and the all-female hero
        team that did it for me. Oh, and the high-heeled mecha. Robot Lise,
        not so much. ;)

        > > (One of these days I'll have to try reading the manga...)
        > I think you'd like it. It's creepy, disturbing and drawn by a man with a doll fetish.

        Y'see, you had me right up until that last part...
        .oO("How do you wield a hamster?" )