Back to the garden

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008
      So, as if sensing the total lack of relevant anime this season, it
      seems somebody finally got around to subbing the Red Garden OVA,
      Dead Girls. I'm sure both the other Red Garden fans in the world
      wholeheartedly approve. ;)

      Clearly it's still a trashtastic piece of fanfic, but we'll forgive them
      nonetheless, partly because it reminds me of Bubblegum Crisis, and
      partly because Kate is thoroughly hot. And no, there's not really any
      yuri at all, but won't let that deter us, will we?

      (One of these days I'll have to try reading the manga...)
      .oO("**SEE OUR MONEY MAKING GUARANTEE AT THE BOTTOM**" )
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008
        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: adam@...
        > Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:49:51 +0100
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Back to the garden
        >
        > Clearly it's still a trashtastic piece of fanfic, but we'll forgive them
        > nonetheless, partly because it reminds me of Bubblegum Crisis, and
        > partly because Kate is thoroughly hot. And no, there's not really any
        > yuri at all, but won't let that deter us, will we?

        I was watching Wil Smith;s "I, Robot" last night and found myself naming all the many, many series with the identical plot. BGC featured. Red Garden didn't. ;)

        > (One of these days I'll have to try reading the manga...)

        I think you'd like it. It's creepy, disturbing and drawn by a man with a doll fetish.

      • Adam Jones
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008
          On 09-Oct-2008 06:34 -0400, Erica Friedman wrote:

          > I was watching Wil Smith;s "I, Robot" last night and found myself naming all the many, many series with the identical plot. BGC featured. Red Garden didn't. ;)

          I guess it was more the cityscape, the bikes and the all-female hero
          team that did it for me. Oh, and the high-heeled mecha. Robot Lise,
          not so much. ;)

          > > (One of these days I'll have to try reading the manga...)
          > I think you'd like it. It's creepy, disturbing and drawn by a man with a doll fetish.

          Y'see, you had me right up until that last part...
          .oO("How do you wield a hamster?" )