Re: Another crappy season - what are we all watching?

  • blu_gloo
    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 6, 2008

      > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: blu_gloo@...
      > > Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:18:58 +0000
      > > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Another crappy season - what are we all watching?
      > >
      > > Besides Shoujo Sect which I absolutely despise now, I'm watching Mai
      > > Otome.
      >

      > I find sanity checks to be important with this kind of thing., I sat down this weekend to re-read Shoujo Sect, just to remind myself that the original manga was hardly a Bernini. It was pretty silly. The anime has managed to miss the few genuinely likable characters. And the sex is simply distressing. lol (This time less chewing off of arms and more cat yowling.)

      When I skim-read the manga again after watching episode 1, I was thinking, why did I even read this in the first place? But the anime makes the characters seem so pathetic, and yes, the sex is pretty dull. Oh well, it could be worse.

      > I also happened to rewatch Mai Otome last night. How synchronous of us.

      lol. Mai Otome is the kind of anime I can never hate or get tired of simply because of the awesomely likeable characters.

      > > As for non-yuri anime, there's Hell Girl season 3. Actually, Enma Ai
      > > kisses another girl in episode 1, but that's hardly yuri, although I
      > > wish it were.
      >
      > It appears to mean Yuri for the folks at 4chan. I hadn't been there in months, but they were all zOMGing over it.

      I have to admit I was more than a little happy when they kissed, but yuri? No. Fan service? Probably. Cliched? Definitely.

      GI

    • vanezzania
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 1, 2008
        I'm watching Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora and the english dubs are pretty
        good actually

        Posted through Grouply, the better way
        to access your Yahoo Groups like this one.
        http://www.grouply.com/?code=post