Re: [Yuricon] What would you like to see?

  • Rinu CZ
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 17 12:53 AM

      Hi,

      Woo, so many responses! I'll feel like copying an answer of someone else :p. It's late response, so I hope I don't miss discussion stream entirely.

      What would I like to see? My most desired flick is the one where yuri/lesbian whatever story isn't a main issue. I like complex stories with a lot of characters which are interesting because not only their intimate life. Human can be pretty attractive material after all. I don't care much about settings (slice of life, sci-fi, etc.). The more the merrier.

      Others have already said my next requirements - characters could be adult in the better case and a story without angsty coming out, first love, discrimination, and other old chestnuts. I wouldn't mind a main character who is gay "by the way" but I am fine with side characters like that too.

      I just want to see a normal gay character in the movie where isn't the issue their sexuality. It's weird, it's boring, it's old.

      With kind regards,

      Rinu

      2008/8/26 atheniag <anilesbocon01@...>
      We do this question every once in a while, just to stimulate
      conversation. :-)

      There's way more Yuri these days in both anime and manga, that's
      undeniable. But is any of it any *good*? Very little, in my opinion,
      because what I am actually looking for in Yuri, we're never likely to
      see in an anime.

      So, here's what I want to see - two main characters who are out
      lesbians, adult, and in love with one another.

      Other stuff can happen, I would hate an anime about them being out and
      in love (heck I can't sit through commercials for "The L Word" much
      less an entire episode) but that's what I'd like to see front and center.

      Or conversely, what I would like to see is a Yuri story NOT about
      children, NOT in a Catholic School, NOT about coming out - or worse -
      falling in love for the *very first time* - and NOT with unnecessary
      sexual violence and/or harassment. Or absurdly jiggling tits, because
      frankly, that does nothing for me. lol

      So, what do you all want to see?

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      http://okazu.blogspot.com