Re: good news for FF fans

  • mugenharuka
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2002
      Regarding FFX and Dubbing:

      My speculation is this. Squaresoft spent some money getting psuedo
      name voice actors to dub their game into English. This *probably*
      was the case in Japan as well -- I don't know. Again, speculation.

      So, with all the financial problems Square has had recently (ahem --
      FF:SW), I would guess that paying royalties to the Japanese actors
      for the American distrobution of the game, not to mention paying the
      American actors to dub it ... it's just not the cheapest way to
      produce the USA version of the game. This isn't even taking into
      consideration the possiblities of fidelity and the *huge* amounts of
      audio that they needed to pack onto the dvd.

      Who knows? Maybe I'm way off base. But it sounds like an
      intelligent guess to me. Granted, it doesn't make me Like the game
      any more (I can't turn off the sound because I love the music, but I
      can't play the game because of the voices ...) but at least I think I
      understand where Square is coming from.

      Now. What I *can't* understand is -- the *only* time there is
      Japanese in the game ... i.e., the Song, they *didn't* subtitle it.
      That just seems lazy to me.

      -MugenHaruka.