[Press Release] MARIA WATCHES OVER US – Season 2 DVD Collection: Printemps

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2008
      RIGHT STUF'S NOZOMI ENTERTAINMENT Announces the
      MARIA WATCHES OVER US – Season 2 DVD Collection: Printemps
      Second TV season of Maria-sama ga Miteru scheduled for Nov. 25, 2008

      GRIMES, IA, September 4, 2008 – Anime producer and distributor Right
      Stuf, Inc. and Nozomi Entertainment are pleased to announce the
      release of the MARIA WATCHES OVER US (Maria-sama ga Miteru) - Season
      2 DVD Collection: Printemps on November 25, 2008.

      The Season 2 DVD Collection is the second of several "season box
      sets" scheduled for the series' North American DVD release.

      · Each set features Japanese audio, along with English on-
      screen translations, and two English-language subtitle tracks: one
      with regular dialogue subtitles and a second, special subtitle track
      that retains the Japanese honorifics.

      · Additionally, each set will include the "specials" – comedic
      shorts that depict the series' characters in "chibi" form – for its
      respective season.

      ****

      "leaves you eagerly wanting more" – AnimeOnDVD at Mania.com

      "Shelf Worthy" – Anime News Network's Shelf Life
      "a truly beautiful anime" - Future Anime
      "A beautifully illustrated, surprisingly effective slice-of-life
      drama…" – Anime News Network
      AnimeOnDVD.com Pick of the Week

      The Maria Watches Over Us anime is based upon an ongoing series of
      novels – written by Oyuki Konno and illustrated by Reine Hibiki –
      that began in 1998 and currently spans 33 volumes. Short stories
      related to the series have been published in the shoujo (girls')
      magazine Cobalt, and a manga adaptation is serialized in the
      anthology magazine Margaret. The series' publisher, Shueisha, also
      produced 14 drama CDs (featuring radio-style plays).

      The anime adaptation of Maria-sama ga Miteru – also referred to by
      fans as "MariMite" – encompasses two, 13-episode TV seasons, a 5-
      episode OVA (original video animation) as its third season, and a
      fourth season, currently in production in Japan.

      The first three seasons of Maria Watches Over Us feature animation
      by Studio DEEN (Fruits Basket, Gravitation, Rurouni Kenshin),
      direction by Yukihiro Matsushita (Blue Dragon, Sugar Sugar Rune),
      and scripting by Reiko Yoshida (Aria, Boys Over Flowers, Story of
      Saiunkoku).

      Visit mariasama.rightstuf.com for more information about Maria
      Watches Over Us (Maria-sama ga Miteru), detailed character profiles,
      trailers, downloads and more.

      About MARIA WATCHES OVER US (Maria-sama ga Miteru) – Season 2

      The spring term is beginning for the students at Lillian Girls'
      Academy. Friends are reunited, but for the Yamayuri Council, it's a
      bittersweet time. Yoko, Eriko and Sei are busy preparing to depart
      Lillian, while Sachiko, Rei and Shimako are doing their best to
      ensure their dear sisters receive a memorable commencement. Soon,
      Lillian will have new leaders in the Council offices of Rosa
      Chinensis, Foetida and Gigantea, along with many new faces and
      budding relationships. Contains the complete 13-episode second
      season, plus Season 2 "specials" 1-6.

      MARIA WATCHES OVER US (Maria-sama ga Miteru) - Season 2 DVD
      Collection: Printemps (TV)
      Pre-Book: 10/28/2008
      Street Date: 11/25/2008
      Runtime: Approximately 325 minutes, Dolby Digital Stereo, Color
      Genre: Drama
      Suggested Rating: 13+

      Format: DVD (Japanese, 2 English Subtitle Tracks, English On-Screen
      Translations)
      Catalog #: RSDVD0816
      ISBN: 1-57032-791-2
      UPC: 7-42617-0816-2-0
      SRP: $49.99

      Discs/Set: 4
      Item Measurements: 5 3/8" X 1 7/32" X 7 5/8" (LxWxH)
      Case Qty: 9

      DVD Features:
      Scene access; Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo audio for Japanese dialogue;
      two English subtitle tracks (regular dialogue subtitles, plus a
      special subtitle track that includes Japanese honorifics); and
      English on-screen translations. PLUS: Season 2 "Specials" 1-6, liner
      notes and Nozomi Entertainment trailers.

      * Cover Art: http://outgoing.rightstuf.com/sleeves/rsdvd0816.jpg
      MARIA WATCHES OVER US (Maria-sama ga Miteru) PRINTEMPS © OYUKI
      KONNO / SHUEISHA • YAMAYURIKAI • TV TOKYO Licensed by d-rights Inc.
      * To view this image, cut and paste the URL into your Web browser.
    • Pat
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2008

        > RIGHT STUF'S NOZOMI ENTERTAINMENT Announces the
        > MARIA WATCHES OVER US – Season 2 DVD Collection: Printemps
        > Second TV season of Maria-sama ga Miteru scheduled for Nov. 25, 2008

        Ok, I'll ask the stupid question. What does "Printemps" mean? I got
        the latest email from TSRI, and they listed two links for Season 2.
        One had the word "Printemps" in it, and one did not.

        Anyone? Bueller?

        -Pat
      • Johann Chua
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2008
          On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 7:33 AM, Pat <oneiric22@...> wrote:
          > Ok, I'll ask the stupid question. What does "Printemps" mean? I got
          > the latest email from TSRI, and they listed two links for Season 2.
          > One had the word "Printemps" in it, and one did not.

          It's French for "spring"/"haru".
        • Adam Jones
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2008
            On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 23:33:55 -0000, "Pat" <oneiric22@...> wrote:

            > Ok, I'll ask the stupid question. What does "Printemps" mean?

            It's French for "spring" (the season).
            .oO("I feel like this post ironicly funny yet equally offensive" )