Re: strawberry panic manga vs anime

  • pachy_boy
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
      I prefer the anime version, because there's just a lot more going on.
      But the one scene that stood out to me in the manga version, and in the
      light novel for that matter, was when Shizuma was tested in front of an
      audience on whether she could finally let go of and abandon her past
      love and fully accept nobody but Nagisa. For a (technically) parody
      title that's meant to be light, fluffy entertainment, it was a really
      neat scene--Pachy

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "kazu maltbie" <yu_kazu_ri@...> wrote:

      > i dont know how many here have read the manga as well as watched the
      > anime, but this seems to be the first manga ive ever seen that i
      highly
      > preffer the anime in... i only have volume 1, but the characters seem
      > more shallow and kind of skanky at some points to be honest.... did
      > anyone else notice this?
      >

      > anime- love, awesome, cute, innocent characters (mostly)
      >
      > manga- like, still cute, pretty art, kind of slutty characters,
      > questionable motives.... written like a hentai, but there is no nudity

    • iatheia
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Wyld Childe <wyldchilde37@...> wrote:

        > Yes please on the artwork.
        >
        > DarkWyldchilde

        Sure - http://rapidshare.com/files/142446059/sutopani_ps2.rar (16
        meters, 152 pictures divided into folders by the second character,
        plus 9 group/extra pictures (3 missing), and 27 ending picture frames)

        And, yes. It is completely in Japanese. No one has bothered to
        translate it in English.
      • catchperfect
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
          Wow. Thanks so much for the StoPani game artwork and your thoughts on the game itself. I fear I'll get so hooked easily - but you made it sound so fun - so guess I'll have to get myself a copy of that! Thanks, iatheia!

          iatheia <iatheia@...> wrote:
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, Wyld Childe <wyldchilde37@ ...> wrote:

          > Yes please on the artwork.
          >
          > DarkWyldchilde

          Sure - http://rapidshare. com/files/ 142446059/ sutopani_ ps2.rar (16
          meters, 152 pictures divided into folders by the second character,
          plus 9 group/extra pictures (3 missing), and 27 ending picture frames)

          And, yes. It is completely in Japanese. No one has bothered to
          translate it in English.

        • Jaymie C
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 4, 2008
            Meep, the art style is very different; Sine cute images, at least 1 sexy image from a character i never thought of as sexy before, and the really freaky bug-eyed Nagisa....

            iatheia <iatheia@yandex. ru> wrote:

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, Wyld Childe <wyldchilde37@ ...> wrote:

            > Yes please on the artwork.
            >
            > DarkWyldchilde

            Sure - http://rapidshare. com/files/ 142446059/ sutopani_ ps2.rar (16
            meters, 152 pictures divided into folders by the second character,
            plus 9 group/extra pictures (3 missing), and 27 ending picture frames)

            And, yes. It is completely in Japanese. No one has bothered to
            translate it in English.

          • kazu maltbie
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 5, 2008
              wow! i really wasnt expecting this many people would reply, but i guess
              other than mari mite this is like the big cheese of yuri XD and yeah i
              would totaly buy the strawberry panic game, but i have never seen a ps2
              freeloader, and also i am not that confident with my japanese yet XD
              sure i can read things, and if i am not sure on something i can just
              make an educated guess, but i am no where NEAR confident enough to make
              DECISION based on assumptions ive made from japanese XD

              anyways thanks for le replies! sounds to me like most people DO preffer
              the anime or the light novel... i do want the light novel also, but
              first things first.... also it is really depressing that they only have
              3 dvd volumes in english *desperately holds out for all 8 so can buy
              boxed set*
            • Wyld Childe
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 6, 2008
                They have 4 out, and the 5th is slated for November.

                DW

                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
                lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

                Benjamin Franklin