Re: [Yuricon] Re: strawberry panic manga vs anime

  • Wyld Childe
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
      I have a sinking feeling you'll break my heart and say the Playstation game is only in Japaneese.

      DarkWyldchilde

      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
      lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

      Benjamin Franklin

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
        I prefer the anime version, because there's just a lot more going on.
        But the one scene that stood out to me in the manga version, and in the
        light novel for that matter, was when Shizuma was tested in front of an
        audience on whether she could finally let go of and abandon her past
        love and fully accept nobody but Nagisa. For a (technically) parody
        title that's meant to be light, fluffy entertainment, it was a really
        neat scene--Pachy

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "kazu maltbie" <yu_kazu_ri@...> wrote:

        > i dont know how many here have read the manga as well as watched the
        > anime, but this seems to be the first manga ive ever seen that i
        highly
        > preffer the anime in... i only have volume 1, but the characters seem
        > more shallow and kind of skanky at some points to be honest.... did
        > anyone else notice this?
        >

        > anime- love, awesome, cute, innocent characters (mostly)
        >
        > manga- like, still cute, pretty art, kind of slutty characters,
        > questionable motives.... written like a hentai, but there is no nudity

      • iatheia
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Wyld Childe <wyldchilde37@...> wrote:

          > Yes please on the artwork.
          >
          > DarkWyldchilde

          Sure - http://rapidshare.com/files/142446059/sutopani_ps2.rar (16
          meters, 152 pictures divided into folders by the second character,
          plus 9 group/extra pictures (3 missing), and 27 ending picture frames)

          And, yes. It is completely in Japanese. No one has bothered to
          translate it in English.
        • catchperfect
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
            Wow. Thanks so much for the StoPani game artwork and your thoughts on the game itself. I fear I'll get so hooked easily - but you made it sound so fun - so guess I'll have to get myself a copy of that! Thanks, iatheia!

            iatheia <iatheia@...> wrote:
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, Wyld Childe <wyldchilde37@ ...> wrote:

            > Yes please on the artwork.
            >
            > DarkWyldchilde

            Sure - http://rapidshare. com/files/ 142446059/ sutopani_ ps2.rar (16
            meters, 152 pictures divided into folders by the second character,
            plus 9 group/extra pictures (3 missing), and 27 ending picture frames)

            And, yes. It is completely in Japanese. No one has bothered to
            translate it in English.

          • Jaymie C
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 4, 2008
              Meep, the art style is very different; Sine cute images, at least 1 sexy image from a character i never thought of as sexy before, and the really freaky bug-eyed Nagisa....

              iatheia <iatheia@yandex. ru> wrote:

              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, Wyld Childe <wyldchilde37@ ...> wrote:

              > Yes please on the artwork.
              >
              > DarkWyldchilde

              Sure - http://rapidshare. com/files/ 142446059/ sutopani_ ps2.rar (16
              meters, 152 pictures divided into folders by the second character,
              plus 9 group/extra pictures (3 missing), and 27 ending picture frames)

              And, yes. It is completely in Japanese. No one has bothered to
              translate it in English.

            • kazu maltbie
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 5, 2008
                wow! i really wasnt expecting this many people would reply, but i guess
                other than mari mite this is like the big cheese of yuri XD and yeah i
                would totaly buy the strawberry panic game, but i have never seen a ps2
                freeloader, and also i am not that confident with my japanese yet XD
                sure i can read things, and if i am not sure on something i can just
                make an educated guess, but i am no where NEAR confident enough to make
                DECISION based on assumptions ive made from japanese XD

                anyways thanks for le replies! sounds to me like most people DO preffer
                the anime or the light novel... i do want the light novel also, but
                first things first.... also it is really depressing that they only have
                3 dvd volumes in english *desperately holds out for all 8 so can buy
                boxed set*
              • Wyld Childe
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 6, 2008
                  They have 4 out, and the 5th is slated for November.

                  DW