Re: [Yuricon] Re: strawberry panic manga vs anime

  • Aaron the PK
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
      The manga has been on hiatus in Japan for quite some time. Only two volumes were published and its highly unlikely there will be any more.

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
        hi,

        does anyone know where can i get SP game? i tried to search it but
        all of the sellers said out of stock d.

        NKW
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "iatheia" <iatheia@...> wrote:

        > The manga is on hold. Nothing much is known about that.
        >
        > And, yes, I did play the visual novel. Actually, I was so hooked
        on
        > it that I was able to go through all the 27 versions of the game,
        and
        > unlock almost all art (there were just 3 group pictures that I
        just
        > don't even know where to look for). I have them in an archive if
        > anyone interested.
        > And *gasp* Amane is actually interesting in there! The way she is
        > able to say the character name without any suffix... Ah...
        >
        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, catchperfect <catchperfect@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi all,
        > >
        > > I was under the impression that there are only two manga volumes
        of
        > Strawberry Panic, not three. I thought this series is done, no?
        > >
        > > It's been interesting to read the posts about the thoughts/
        > comparisons between manga and the anime. I have been holding out
        on
        > the anime until I finished the light novels but I'll be watching
        the
        > anime soon as it's coming right up on my netflix queue. I still
        > prefer the manga to the LNs...guess I'm just a visual person. :-P
        > >
        > > And out of curiosity, has anyone ever played with the
        Playstation
        > video game of Strawberry Panic?
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > > Grace

      • Wyld Childe
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
          http://www.animecornerstore.com/

          That's where I got all but my first Strawberry Panic DVD, mangas and light novels. Excellent custerm service too since there was some question on a release date one of their people was right there to answer my email and make sure the order was all up to date. (I placed an order a day before a release date and he flagged it only to ship once it was all in,)

          DarkWyldchilde

          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
          lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

          Benjamin Franklin

          > does anyone know where can i get SP game? i tried to search
          > it but
          > all of the sellers said out of stock d.
          >
          > NKW
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "iatheia"
          > <iatheia@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > The manga is on hold. Nothing much is known about
          > that.
          > >
          > > And, yes, I did play the visual novel. Actually, I was
          > so hooked
          > on
          > > it that I was able to go through all the 27 versions
          > of the game,
          > and
          > > unlock almost all art (there were just 3 group
          > pictures that I
          > just
          > > don't even know where to look for). I have them in
          > an archive if
          > > anyone interested.
          > > And *gasp* Amane is actually interesting in there! The
          > way she is
          > > able to say the character name without any suffix...
          > Ah...
          > >
          > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, catchperfect
          > <catchperfect@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi all,
          > > >
          > > > I was under the impression that there are only
          > two manga volumes
          > of
          > > Strawberry Panic, not three. I thought this series is
          > done, no?
          > > >
          > > > It's been interesting to read the posts about
          > the thoughts/
          > > comparisons between manga and the anime. I have been
          > holding out
          > on
          > > the anime until I finished the light novels but
          > I'll be watching
          > the
          > > anime soon as it's coming right up on my netflix
          > queue. I still
          > > prefer the manga to the LNs...guess I'm just a
          > visual person. :-P
          > > >
          > > > And out of curiosity, has anyone ever played with
          > the
          > Playstation
          > > video game of Strawberry Panic?
          > > >
          > > > Cheers,
          > > > Grace

        • Wyld Childe
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
            Yes please on the artwork.

            DarkWyldchilde

            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
            lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

            Benjamin Franklin

            > The manga is on hold. Nothing much is known about that.
            >
            > And, yes, I did play the visual novel. Actually, I was so
            > hooked on
            > it that I was able to go through all the 27 versions of the
            > game, and
            > unlock almost all art (there were just 3 group pictures
            > that I just
            > don't even know where to look for). I have them in an
            > archive if
            > anyone interested.
            > And *gasp* Amane is actually interesting in there! The way
            > she is
            > able to say the character name without any suffix... Ah...
            >
            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, catchperfect
            > <catchperfect@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi all,
            > >
            > > I was under the impression that there are only two
            > manga volumes of
            > Strawberry Panic, not three. I thought this series is done,
            > no?
            > >
            > > It's been interesting to read the posts about the
            > thoughts/
            > comparisons between manga and the anime. I have been
            > holding out on
            > the anime until I finished the light novels but I'll be
            > watching the
            > anime soon as it's coming right up on my netflix queue.
            > I still
            > prefer the manga to the LNs...guess I'm just a visual
            > person. :-P
            > >
            > > And out of curiosity, has anyone ever played with the
            > Playstation
            > video game of Strawberry Panic?
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > Grace

          • Wyld Childe
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
              I have a sinking feeling you'll break my heart and say the Playstation game is only in Japaneese.

              DarkWyldchilde

              "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
              lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

              Benjamin Franklin

              > > I was under the impression that there are only two
              > manga volumes of
              > Strawberry Panic, not three. I thought this series is done,
              > no?
              > >
              > > It's been interesting to read the posts about the
              > thoughts/comparisons between manga and the anime. I have
              > been holding
              > out on the anime until I finished the light novels but
              > I'll be
              > watching the anime soon as it's coming right up on my
              > netflix queue.
              > I still prefer the manga to the LNs...guess I'm just a
              > visual
              > person. :-P
              > >
              > > And out of curiosity, has anyone ever played with the
              > Playstation
              > video game of Strawberry Panic?
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > > Grace
              > >
              > There's supposed to be a 3rd volume out (I could be
              > totally wrong on
              > that lol) but that's iffy at the moment...

            • pachy_boy
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                I prefer the anime version, because there's just a lot more going on.
                But the one scene that stood out to me in the manga version, and in the
                light novel for that matter, was when Shizuma was tested in front of an
                audience on whether she could finally let go of and abandon her past
                love and fully accept nobody but Nagisa. For a (technically) parody
                title that's meant to be light, fluffy entertainment, it was a really
                neat scene--Pachy

                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "kazu maltbie" <yu_kazu_ri@...> wrote:

                > i dont know how many here have read the manga as well as watched the
                > anime, but this seems to be the first manga ive ever seen that i
                highly
                > preffer the anime in... i only have volume 1, but the characters seem
                > more shallow and kind of skanky at some points to be honest.... did
                > anyone else notice this?
                >

                > anime- love, awesome, cute, innocent characters (mostly)
                >
                > manga- like, still cute, pretty art, kind of slutty characters,
                > questionable motives.... written like a hentai, but there is no nudity

              • iatheia
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Wyld Childe <wyldchilde37@...> wrote:

                  > Yes please on the artwork.
                  >
                  > DarkWyldchilde

                  Sure - http://rapidshare.com/files/142446059/sutopani_ps2.rar (16
                  meters, 152 pictures divided into folders by the second character,
                  plus 9 group/extra pictures (3 missing), and 27 ending picture frames)

                  And, yes. It is completely in Japanese. No one has bothered to
                  translate it in English.
                • catchperfect
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                    Wow. Thanks so much for the StoPani game artwork and your thoughts on the game itself. I fear I'll get so hooked easily - but you made it sound so fun - so guess I'll have to get myself a copy of that! Thanks, iatheia!

                    iatheia <iatheia@...> wrote:
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, Wyld Childe <wyldchilde37@ ...> wrote:

                    > Yes please on the artwork.
                    >
                    > DarkWyldchilde

                    Sure - http://rapidshare. com/files/ 142446059/ sutopani_ ps2.rar (16
                    meters, 152 pictures divided into folders by the second character,
                    plus 9 group/extra pictures (3 missing), and 27 ending picture frames)

                    And, yes. It is completely in Japanese. No one has bothered to
                    translate it in English.

                  • Jaymie C
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 4, 2008
                      Meep, the art style is very different; Sine cute images, at least 1 sexy image from a character i never thought of as sexy before, and the really freaky bug-eyed Nagisa....

                      iatheia <iatheia@yandex. ru> wrote:

                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, Wyld Childe <wyldchilde37@ ...> wrote:

                      > Yes please on the artwork.
                      >
                      > DarkWyldchilde

                      Sure - http://rapidshare. com/files/ 142446059/ sutopani_ ps2.rar (16
                      meters, 152 pictures divided into folders by the second character,
                      plus 9 group/extra pictures (3 missing), and 27 ending picture frames)

                      And, yes. It is completely in Japanese. No one has bothered to
                      translate it in English.

                    • kazu maltbie
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 5, 2008
                        wow! i really wasnt expecting this many people would reply, but i guess
                        other than mari mite this is like the big cheese of yuri XD and yeah i
                        would totaly buy the strawberry panic game, but i have never seen a ps2
                        freeloader, and also i am not that confident with my japanese yet XD
                        sure i can read things, and if i am not sure on something i can just
                        make an educated guess, but i am no where NEAR confident enough to make
                        DECISION based on assumptions ive made from japanese XD

                        anyways thanks for le replies! sounds to me like most people DO preffer
                        the anime or the light novel... i do want the light novel also, but
                        first things first.... also it is really depressing that they only have
                        3 dvd volumes in english *desperately holds out for all 8 so can buy
                        boxed set*
                      • Wyld Childe
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 6, 2008
                          They have 4 out, and the 5th is slated for November.

                          DW