Re: hi, new member here

  • rummyryu005
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hello Nicole...my name is May, but most of my friends online calls me
      Rummy...it's along story...but anyway nice to meet you!
    • mara_papimer
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Nicole Allen <nea1005@...> wrote:

        > Greetings! My name is Nicole and I love Yuri **chorus of "hi
        >Nicole..." much like an AA meeting...**

        Hello!

        As you were nice enough to introduce yourself could you please tell us
        (me) your favorite yuri anime and (more importantly) why.
      • Nicole Allen
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
          First, I can't resist getting into the manga vs. anime of Strawberry Panic. I feel the same as many of you do because the manga doesn't allow the characters a chance to work up to the aggresiveness the characters display; mainly Shizuma. I loooove Shizuma, but I find myself feeling a little repulsed by her in the manga. It's like "wait a minute, I don't know you and you're telling me to call you onee-sama and you bit my finger!"

          I think for now I would say that Kurau and Strawberry Marshmallow are my top favorites. With Kurau, I latched onto the characters and they held onto their relationship so firmly. Although their relationship could be considered other things besides romantic; fact is they needed and belonged to each other.

          Strawberry Marshmallow is just like the bestest most sparkley tastey sprinkles on ice cream EVER! The fact that the characters are true to their age as far as habits and speech, as well as they HUGE amount of cultural history and information in the show since it's based on their "everyday" life (thanks Ana-chan). But the ridiculousness and truth of their characters just makes me happy. And even though Nobue is a dirty high schooler lusting after them now and then, she's still awesome and I wish I had a Miu around.

          To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
          Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:45:42 +0000
          Subject: [Yuricon] Re: hi, new member here