strawberry panic manga vs anime

  • kazu maltbie
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2008
      i dont know how many here have read the manga as well as watched the
      anime, but this seems to be the first manga ive ever seen that i highly
      preffer the anime in... i only have volume 1, but the characters seem
      more shallow and kind of skanky at some points to be honest.... did
      anyone else notice this?

      anime- love, awesome, cute, innocent characters (mostly)

      manga- like, still cute, pretty art, kind of slutty characters,
      questionable motives.... written like a hentai, but there is no nudity
    • Jaymie C

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
          I have both volume of the manga and still waiting on the 3rd one to
          come one...and I have to agree that the anime is much better than the
          manga...the manga seems to rush the characters development and doesn't
          have much story behind it...tho it's more interesting to see a
          different Etoile competition other than dancing lol...
        • catchperfect
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
            Hi all,

            I was under the impression that there are only two manga volumes of Strawberry Panic, not three. I thought this series is done, no?

            It's been interesting to read the posts about the thoughts/comparisons between manga and the anime. I have been holding out on the anime until I finished the light novels but I'll be watching the anime soon as it's coming right up on my netflix queue. I still prefer the manga to the LNs...guess I'm just a visual person. :-P

            And out of curiosity, has anyone ever played with the Playstation video game of Strawberry Panic?

            Cheers,
            Grace

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, catchperfect <catchperfect@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > I was under the impression that there are only two manga volumes of
              Strawberry Panic, not three. I thought this series is done, no?

              > It's been interesting to read the posts about the
              thoughts/comparisons between manga and the anime. I have been holding
              out on the anime until I finished the light novels but I'll be
              watching the anime soon as it's coming right up on my netflix queue.
              I still prefer the manga to the LNs...guess I'm just a visual
              person. :-P

              > And out of curiosity, has anyone ever played with the Playstation
              video game of Strawberry Panic?

              > Cheers,
              > Grace

              There's supposed to be a 3rd volume out (I could be totally wrong on
              that lol) but that's iffy at the moment...
            • iatheia
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                The manga is on hold. Nothing much is known about that.

                And, yes, I did play the visual novel. Actually, I was so hooked on
                it that I was able to go through all the 27 versions of the game, and
                unlock almost all art (there were just 3 group pictures that I just
                don't even know where to look for). I have them in an archive if
                anyone interested.
                And *gasp* Amane is actually interesting in there! The way she is
                able to say the character name without any suffix... Ah...

                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, catchperfect <catchperfect@...> wrote:

                > Hi all,
                >
                > I was under the impression that there are only two manga volumes of
                Strawberry Panic, not three. I thought this series is done, no?

                > It's been interesting to read the posts about the thoughts/
                comparisons between manga and the anime. I have been holding out on
                the anime until I finished the light novels but I'll be watching the
                anime soon as it's coming right up on my netflix queue. I still
                prefer the manga to the LNs...guess I'm just a visual person. :-P

                > And out of curiosity, has anyone ever played with the Playstation
                video game of Strawberry Panic?

                > Cheers,
                > Grace
              • Aaron the PK
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                  The manga has been on hiatus in Japan for quite some time. Only two volumes were published and its highly unlikely there will be any more.

                  >There's supposed to be a 3rd volume out (I could be totally wrong on

                  that lol) but that's iffy at the moment...

                • etogawa_25
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                    hi,

                    does anyone know where can i get SP game? i tried to search it but
                    all of the sellers said out of stock d.

                    NKW
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "iatheia" <iatheia@...> wrote:

                    > The manga is on hold. Nothing much is known about that.
                    >
                    > And, yes, I did play the visual novel. Actually, I was so hooked
                    on
                    > it that I was able to go through all the 27 versions of the game,
                    and
                    > unlock almost all art (there were just 3 group pictures that I
                    just
                    > don't even know where to look for). I have them in an archive if
                    > anyone interested.
                    > And *gasp* Amane is actually interesting in there! The way she is
                    > able to say the character name without any suffix... Ah...
                    >
                    > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, catchperfect <catchperfect@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi all,
                    > >
                    > > I was under the impression that there are only two manga volumes
                    of
                    > Strawberry Panic, not three. I thought this series is done, no?
                    > >
                    > > It's been interesting to read the posts about the thoughts/
                    > comparisons between manga and the anime. I have been holding out
                    on
                    > the anime until I finished the light novels but I'll be watching
                    the
                    > anime soon as it's coming right up on my netflix queue. I still
                    > prefer the manga to the LNs...guess I'm just a visual person. :-P
                    > >
                    > > And out of curiosity, has anyone ever played with the
                    Playstation
                    > video game of Strawberry Panic?
                    > >
                    > > Cheers,
                    > > Grace

                  • Wyld Childe
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                      http://www.animecornerstore.com/

                      That's where I got all but my first Strawberry Panic DVD, mangas and light novels. Excellent custerm service too since there was some question on a release date one of their people was right there to answer my email and make sure the order was all up to date. (I placed an order a day before a release date and he flagged it only to ship once it was all in,)

                      DarkWyldchilde

                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
                      lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

                      Benjamin Franklin

                      > does anyone know where can i get SP game? i tried to search
                      > it but
                      > all of the sellers said out of stock d.
                      >
                      > NKW
                      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "iatheia"
                      > <iatheia@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > The manga is on hold. Nothing much is known about
                      > that.
                      > >
                      > > And, yes, I did play the visual novel. Actually, I was
                      > so hooked
                      > on
                      > > it that I was able to go through all the 27 versions
                      > of the game,
                      > and
                      > > unlock almost all art (there were just 3 group
                      > pictures that I
                      > just
                      > > don't even know where to look for). I have them in
                      > an archive if
                      > > anyone interested.
                      > > And *gasp* Amane is actually interesting in there! The
                      > way she is
                      > > able to say the character name without any suffix...
                      > Ah...
                      > >
                      > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, catchperfect
                      > <catchperfect@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Hi all,
                      > > >
                      > > > I was under the impression that there are only
                      > two manga volumes
                      > of
                      > > Strawberry Panic, not three. I thought this series is
                      > done, no?
                      > > >
                      > > > It's been interesting to read the posts about
                      > the thoughts/
                      > > comparisons between manga and the anime. I have been
                      > holding out
                      > on
                      > > the anime until I finished the light novels but
                      > I'll be watching
                      > the
                      > > anime soon as it's coming right up on my netflix
                      > queue. I still
                      > > prefer the manga to the LNs...guess I'm just a
                      > visual person. :-P
                      > > >
                      > > > And out of curiosity, has anyone ever played with
                      > the
                      > Playstation
                      > > video game of Strawberry Panic?
                      > > >
                      > > > Cheers,
                      > > > Grace

                    • Wyld Childe
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                        Yes please on the artwork.

                        DarkWyldchilde

                        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
                        lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

                        Benjamin Franklin

                        > The manga is on hold. Nothing much is known about that.
                        >
                        > And, yes, I did play the visual novel. Actually, I was so
                        > hooked on
                        > it that I was able to go through all the 27 versions of the
                        > game, and
                        > unlock almost all art (there were just 3 group pictures
                        > that I just
                        > don't even know where to look for). I have them in an
                        > archive if
                        > anyone interested.
                        > And *gasp* Amane is actually interesting in there! The way
                        > she is
                        > able to say the character name without any suffix... Ah...
                        >
                        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, catchperfect
                        > <catchperfect@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi all,
                        > >
                        > > I was under the impression that there are only two
                        > manga volumes of
                        > Strawberry Panic, not three. I thought this series is done,
                        > no?
                        > >
                        > > It's been interesting to read the posts about the
                        > thoughts/
                        > comparisons between manga and the anime. I have been
                        > holding out on
                        > the anime until I finished the light novels but I'll be
                        > watching the
                        > anime soon as it's coming right up on my netflix queue.
                        > I still
                        > prefer the manga to the LNs...guess I'm just a visual
                        > person. :-P
                        > >
                        > > And out of curiosity, has anyone ever played with the
                        > Playstation
                        > video game of Strawberry Panic?
                        > >
                        > > Cheers,
                        > > Grace

                      • Wyld Childe
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                          I have a sinking feeling you'll break my heart and say the Playstation game is only in Japaneese.

                          DarkWyldchilde

                          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
                          lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

                          Benjamin Franklin

                          > > I was under the impression that there are only two
                          > manga volumes of
                          > Strawberry Panic, not three. I thought this series is done,
                          > no?
                          > >
                          > > It's been interesting to read the posts about the
                          > thoughts/comparisons between manga and the anime. I have
                          > been holding
                          > out on the anime until I finished the light novels but
                          > I'll be
                          > watching the anime soon as it's coming right up on my
                          > netflix queue.
                          > I still prefer the manga to the LNs...guess I'm just a
                          > visual
                          > person. :-P
                          > >
                          > > And out of curiosity, has anyone ever played with the
                          > Playstation
                          > video game of Strawberry Panic?
                          > >
                          > > Cheers,
                          > > Grace
                          > >
                          > There's supposed to be a 3rd volume out (I could be
                          > totally wrong on
                          > that lol) but that's iffy at the moment...

                        • pachy_boy
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                            I prefer the anime version, because there's just a lot more going on.
                            But the one scene that stood out to me in the manga version, and in the
                            light novel for that matter, was when Shizuma was tested in front of an
                            audience on whether she could finally let go of and abandon her past
                            love and fully accept nobody but Nagisa. For a (technically) parody
                            title that's meant to be light, fluffy entertainment, it was a really
                            neat scene--Pachy

                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Wyld Childe <wyldchilde37@...> wrote:

                              > Yes please on the artwork.
                              >
                              > DarkWyldchilde

                              Sure - http://rapidshare.com/files/142446059/sutopani_ps2.rar (16
                              meters, 152 pictures divided into folders by the second character,
                              plus 9 group/extra pictures (3 missing), and 27 ending picture frames)

                              And, yes. It is completely in Japanese. No one has bothered to
                              translate it in English.
                            • catchperfect
                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                                Wow. Thanks so much for the StoPani game artwork and your thoughts on the game itself. I fear I'll get so hooked easily - but you made it sound so fun - so guess I'll have to get myself a copy of that! Thanks, iatheia!

                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 4, 2008
                                  Meep, the art style is very different; Sine cute images, at least 1 sexy image from a character i never thought of as sexy before, and the really freaky bug-eyed Nagisa....

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Sep 5, 2008
                                    wow! i really wasnt expecting this many people would reply, but i guess
                                    other than mari mite this is like the big cheese of yuri XD and yeah i
                                    would totaly buy the strawberry panic game, but i have never seen a ps2
                                    freeloader, and also i am not that confident with my japanese yet XD
                                    sure i can read things, and if i am not sure on something i can just
                                    make an educated guess, but i am no where NEAR confident enough to make
                                    DECISION based on assumptions ive made from japanese XD

                                    anyways thanks for le replies! sounds to me like most people DO preffer
                                    the anime or the light novel... i do want the light novel also, but
                                    first things first.... also it is really depressing that they only have
                                    3 dvd volumes in english *desperately holds out for all 8 so can buy
                                    boxed set*
                                  • Wyld Childe
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Sep 6, 2008
                                      They have 4 out, and the 5th is slated for November.

                                      DW