hi, new member here

  • Nicole Allen
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
      Greetings! My name is Nicole and I love Yuri **chorus of "hi Nicole..." much like an AA meeting...**

      I have loved Yuri for many years and I think started with Utena. The combination of artsiness and implied girly love was too much to ignore; especially when I was, at the time, truely figuring out my own orientation. Later, during recovery from surgery, a friend brought the first season of Maria-sama Ga Miteru and I was hooked completely. Since then, I and my girlfriend have been enjoying spare time finding new Yuri manga and anime. Kurau was my summer favorite and Strawberry Marshmallow always cheers me up on a rainy day.

      My girlfriend has a paper up on Yuricon (I hope she makes it her thesis!) and I can at least take credit for introducing her to the awesomeness that it Yuri. I hope that in the next year and I make to Otakon and see some fellow fans.

      So yes, nice to be in the group!

      Nicole

      See what people are saying about Windows Live. Check out featured posts. Check It Out!
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
        To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        From: nea1005@...
        Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 20:29:49 -0400
        Subject: [Yuricon] hi, new member here

        > Greetings! My name is Nicole and I love Yuri **chorus of "hi Nicole..." much like an AA meeting...**

        Welcome, Nicole - it's great to have you here. :-)

        Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®.
        http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/
      • Joseph Saunders
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008

          > To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: nea1005@...
          > Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 20:29:49 -0400
          > Subject: [Yuricon] hi, new member here
          >

          > > Greetings! My name is Nicole and I love Yuri **chorus of "hi
          Nicole..." much like an AA meeting...**

          > Welcome, Nicole - it's great to have you here. :-)

          > http://www.yuricon.org

          > Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web
          with Windows®.

          Welcome to yuricon, Nicole-san!
        • rummyryu005
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
            Hello Nicole...my name is May, but most of my friends online calls me
            Rummy...it's along story...but anyway nice to meet you!
          • mara_papimer
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Nicole Allen <nea1005@...> wrote:

              > Greetings! My name is Nicole and I love Yuri **chorus of "hi
              >Nicole..." much like an AA meeting...**

              Hello!

              As you were nice enough to introduce yourself could you please tell us
              (me) your favorite yuri anime and (more importantly) why.
            • Nicole Allen
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
                First, I can't resist getting into the manga vs. anime of Strawberry Panic. I feel the same as many of you do because the manga doesn't allow the characters a chance to work up to the aggresiveness the characters display; mainly Shizuma. I loooove Shizuma, but I find myself feeling a little repulsed by her in the manga. It's like "wait a minute, I don't know you and you're telling me to call you onee-sama and you bit my finger!"

                I think for now I would say that Kurau and Strawberry Marshmallow are my top favorites. With Kurau, I latched onto the characters and they held onto their relationship so firmly. Although their relationship could be considered other things besides romantic; fact is they needed and belonged to each other.

                Strawberry Marshmallow is just like the bestest most sparkley tastey sprinkles on ice cream EVER! The fact that the characters are true to their age as far as habits and speech, as well as they HUGE amount of cultural history and information in the show since it's based on their "everyday" life (thanks Ana-chan). But the ridiculousness and truth of their characters just makes me happy. And even though Nobue is a dirty high schooler lusting after them now and then, she's still awesome and I wish I had a Miu around.

                To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
                Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:45:42 +0000
                Subject: [Yuricon] Re: hi, new member here