RE: [Yuricon] Re: Looking for good yuri animes

  • Firia L
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2008
      Utena was one of the, ahem, revolution animes in terms of Yuri. It had tons of implied Yuri. It was more of an exploration of sexuality. You can't watch it and not feel your jaw drop at least a little at some of the relationships-- as implied as they were, that were flying around that anime. Utena is tagged mostly for Yuri. Utena is to be married to the Rose Bride through a ritual of sorts.

      I agree with checking out Utena. Series first, THEN movie. :) Never one while watching the other. Never. Even if they are basicly two seperate worlds. The movie just makes more sense (if that's posable) if you've seen the series. The movie can also be considered heavily "artsy." :) Utena, series and movie, are thick with visual reprisentation. Growth and love, adolecence to adulthood, for example. (The manga are even titled around this theme.) You can watch the series and never "see" a one, as rich as they are. But you cannot watch the movie, and NOT see them crawling around everywhere!

      :L

      To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      From: m.dickenz@...
      Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 05:13:31 +0000
      Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Looking for good yuri animes

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, "meldecite" <meldecite@. ..> wrote:

      > I have seen some yuri animes. I was wondering if any one had any good
      > ideas of some good yuri anime I should watch.?

      There's always Revolutionary Girl Utena, even though I thought that there wasn't really any
      yuri in that show. Just some hand holding at the near end, and really strong friendship, that I
      geuss, you could consider yuri, but it wasn't anything like the stuff that would happen in
      Strawberry Panic or KNM.
      The Utena Movie, however, was more like a combination of Strawberry Panic and the utena tv
      show, and I loved it. I highly recommened the movie, but it's best if you watch the tv show
      first, or there's gonna be quite a few things you won't understand.

      -Mango

      Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®. Game with Windows