Looking for good yuri animes

  • meldecite
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2008
      I have seen some yuri animes. I was wondering if any one had any good
      ideas of some good yuri anime I should watch.?
    • Clifford Rusk
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30, 2008
        Well, if nothing but mushiness is all you're looking for, there's Strawberry Panic. If you want some very overt yuri, albeit in an iffy show, there's Kannazuki no Miko. I know I'm listing the more well-known, and not-very-deeply-plotted series, but I found them entertaining just in the yuri department, though whether or not the shows as a whole are "good" is completely up for debate.

        2008/8/30 meldecite <meldecite@...>

        I have seen some yuri animes. I was wondering if any one had any good
        ideas of some good yuri anime I should watch.?

      • samantha luquin
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 30, 2008

          --- On Sat, 8/30/08, meldecite <meldecite@...> wrote:
          I suppose it depends on your tastes in yuri. If you don't things remaining at an entirely ambiguous subtext level and a slow paced story then Maria-sama ga Miteru might be worth watching. Strawberry Shake Sweet is a very fun little comedic yuri that's worth a read. Sadly there's no anime. If you like guns and again don't mind things being ambiguous then Noir is interesting. I prefer El Cazador myself which has guns and yuri...and tacos. There's always Sailor Moon S if you like magical girl anime.

          -Samantha

        • Wyld Childe
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 31, 2008
            My first yuri anime would be Steel Angel Kurumi. In the first season Saki is in love with Kurumi, and while it's unrequited it's openly done. The second season just gets rid of the guys all together, but in both cases it's just GOOD anime that happens to have girl love.

            My second would be Kannazuki No Miko, and I like it DAMN it! :P It's over the top, but anime is supposed to be over the top in my opinion. I gambled $90 at an anime convention when I told the person I was looking for yuri, she suggested KNK and I am glad she did.

            Then there is something I first got at the same con, Strawberry Panic... if you like yuri I want to say you need to see this. Needless to say I bought it because of all the people raving about it, and I'll add my voice to theirs.

            Finally a friend of mine had the original Read or Die movie, and as we sat and watched it I turned and looked at him and said "This is yuri."

            Dark Wyldchilde
          • rummyryu005
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 31, 2008
              There's always Strawberry Panic, Maria-Sama Ga Miteru, Simoun, El
              Cazador...check out this site if you want to find more titles or you
              can always wiki lol...

              http://okazu.blogspot.com/search/label/Yuri%20Anime
            • m.dickenz
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "meldecite" <meldecite@...> wrote:

                > I have seen some yuri animes. I was wondering if any one had any good
                > ideas of some good yuri anime I should watch.?

                There's always Revolutionary Girl Utena, even though I thought that there wasn't really any
                yuri in that show. Just some hand holding at the near end, and really strong friendship, that I
                geuss, you could consider yuri, but it wasn't anything like the stuff that would happen in
                Strawberry Panic or KNM.
                The Utena Movie, however, was more like a combination of Strawberry Panic and the utena tv
                show, and I loved it. I highly recommened the movie, but it's best if you watch the tv show
                first, or there's gonna be quite a few things you won't understand.

                -Mango
              • Firia L
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 2, 2008
                  Utena was one of the, ahem, revolution animes in terms of Yuri. It had tons of implied Yuri. It was more of an exploration of sexuality. You can't watch it and not feel your jaw drop at least a little at some of the relationships-- as implied as they were, that were flying around that anime. Utena is tagged mostly for Yuri. Utena is to be married to the Rose Bride through a ritual of sorts.

                  I agree with checking out Utena. Series first, THEN movie. :) Never one while watching the other. Never. Even if they are basicly two seperate worlds. The movie just makes more sense (if that's posable) if you've seen the series. The movie can also be considered heavily "artsy." :) Utena, series and movie, are thick with visual reprisentation. Growth and love, adolecence to adulthood, for example. (The manga are even titled around this theme.) You can watch the series and never "see" a one, as rich as they are. But you cannot watch the movie, and NOT see them crawling around everywhere!

                  :L

                  To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  From: m.dickenz@...
                  Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 05:13:31 +0000
                  Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Looking for good yuri animes

                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, "meldecite" <meldecite@. ..> wrote:

                  > I have seen some yuri animes. I was wondering if any one had any good
                  > ideas of some good yuri anime I should watch.?

                  There's always Revolutionary Girl Utena, even though I thought that there wasn't really any
                  yuri in that show. Just some hand holding at the near end, and really strong friendship, that I
                  geuss, you could consider yuri, but it wasn't anything like the stuff that would happen in
                  Strawberry Panic or KNM.
                  The Utena Movie, however, was more like a combination of Strawberry Panic and the utena tv
                  show, and I loved it. I highly recommened the movie, but it's best if you watch the tv show
                  first, or there's gonna be quite a few things you won't understand.

                  -Mango

                  Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®. Game with Windows