Re: Macross (likely OT)

  • katyae0211
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
      --- In Yuricon@y..., "gaffneys_99" <sean@t...> wrote:

      > Oh, I dunno. When Kim and Shammy thought they would die, and
      > clutched each other, I was having no problems with yuri. :-D
      > Remember, if you think it's impossible to slash a character, you
      > aren't TRYING hard enough!

      Well, for that matter, I had a Misa/Claudia pairing in my mind quite
      a bit through the whole series. And sure, Kim and Shammy do hold
      each other, but it seemed to me more at of fear in that moment. But
      possible slash pairings that came to mind were:

      Misa/Claudia
      Misa/Minmay (I hate you so much that I love you!)
      Milia/Lap'Lamiz
      Kim/Shammy
      Kim/Shammy/Vanessa
      Max/Hikaru
      Kaifun/Hikaru (The love/hate thing, again)
      Kamjin/Hikaru
      Kamjin/Milia

      And then any of the pairings that actually occur in the anime. The
      problem with the show being so old-school is that it was a bit
      more..."reserved", with regards to sexuality.

      Katya
    • John F. Martin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
        From: "gaffneys_99" <sean@...>
        >--- In Yuricon@y..., "katyae0211" <kate0211@a...> wrote:
        > > Hey all,
        > >
        > > We have had a big ol' Macross fest this weekend (all 36 episodes in
        >3
        > > sessions), thanks to AnimEigo getting the DVDs to us Friday. And
        > > while there's no yuri in it, and really no yuri potential even, it
        > > was pretty good. It certainly blows away the Robotech series that
        > > drew from it in the mid-80s.
        >
        >Oh, I dunno. When Kim and Shammy thought they would die, and
        >clutched each other, I was having no problems with yuri. :-D
        >Remember, if you think it's impossible to slash a character, you
        >aren't TRYING hard enough!

        Haihai! Three words: Macross Bridge Bunnies. ^_^

        --John F. Martin
        --FurrySaint at hotmail dot com
        "It's a little known law of thermodynamics: The Conservation of Optimism.
        There's only so much to go around." --Capt. Dylan Hunt ("Andromeda" TV
        series)
        Arc Impulse! Makoto/Ami! http://arcimpulse.shoujoai.com

      • cricharddavies
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
          --- In Yuricon@y..., "John F. Martin" <furrysaint@h...> wrote:

          > Haihai! Three words: Macross Bridge Bunnies. ^_^

          Of course, since the three of them are canonically linked with the
          three Zentraedi spies ... must have been one *big* bed somewhere on
          the Macross.

          Chris Davies.
          (Will eventually get back to his Macross story that's supposed to
          involve Misa/Minmay ... once of these days.)