Macross (likely OT)

  • katyae0211
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hey all,

      We have had a big ol' Macross fest this weekend (all 36 episodes in 3
      sessions), thanks to AnimEigo getting the DVDs to us Friday. And
      while there's no yuri in it, and really no yuri potential even, it
      was pretty good. It certainly blows away the Robotech series that
      drew from it in the mid-80s.

      Katya
    • gaffneys_99
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
        --- In Yuricon@y..., "katyae0211" <kate0211@a...> wrote:
        > Hey all,
        >
        > We have had a big ol' Macross fest this weekend (all 36 episodes in
        3
        > sessions), thanks to AnimEigo getting the DVDs to us Friday. And
        > while there's no yuri in it, and really no yuri potential even, it
        > was pretty good. It certainly blows away the Robotech series that
        > drew from it in the mid-80s.

        Oh, I dunno. When Kim and Shammy thought they would die, and
        clutched each other, I was having no problems with yuri. :-D
        Remember, if you think it's impossible to slash a character, you
        aren't TRYING hard enough!

        --SG
        --Macross is indeed excellent so far, if very old school...
      • katyae0211
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
          --- In Yuricon@y..., "gaffneys_99" <sean@t...> wrote:

          > Oh, I dunno. When Kim and Shammy thought they would die, and
          > clutched each other, I was having no problems with yuri. :-D
          > Remember, if you think it's impossible to slash a character, you
          > aren't TRYING hard enough!

          Well, for that matter, I had a Misa/Claudia pairing in my mind quite
          a bit through the whole series. And sure, Kim and Shammy do hold
          each other, but it seemed to me more at of fear in that moment. But
          possible slash pairings that came to mind were:

          Misa/Claudia
          Misa/Minmay (I hate you so much that I love you!)
          Milia/Lap'Lamiz
          Kim/Shammy
          Kim/Shammy/Vanessa
          Max/Hikaru
          Kaifun/Hikaru (The love/hate thing, again)
          Kamjin/Hikaru
          Kamjin/Milia

          And then any of the pairings that actually occur in the anime. The
          problem with the show being so old-school is that it was a bit
          more..."reserved", with regards to sexuality.

          Katya
        • John F. Martin
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
            From: "gaffneys_99" <sean@...>
            >--- In Yuricon@y..., "katyae0211" <kate0211@a...> wrote:
            > > Hey all,
            > >
            > > We have had a big ol' Macross fest this weekend (all 36 episodes in
            >3
            > > sessions), thanks to AnimEigo getting the DVDs to us Friday. And
            > > while there's no yuri in it, and really no yuri potential even, it
            > > was pretty good. It certainly blows away the Robotech series that
            > > drew from it in the mid-80s.
            >
            >Oh, I dunno. When Kim and Shammy thought they would die, and
            >clutched each other, I was having no problems with yuri. :-D
            >Remember, if you think it's impossible to slash a character, you
            >aren't TRYING hard enough!

            Haihai! Three words: Macross Bridge Bunnies. ^_^

            --John F. Martin
            --FurrySaint at hotmail dot com
            "It's a little known law of thermodynamics: The Conservation of Optimism.
            There's only so much to go around." --Capt. Dylan Hunt ("Andromeda" TV
            series)
            Arc Impulse! Makoto/Ami! http://arcimpulse.shoujoai.com

          • cricharddavies
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
              --- In Yuricon@y..., "John F. Martin" <furrysaint@h...> wrote:

              > Haihai! Three words: Macross Bridge Bunnies. ^_^

              Of course, since the three of them are canonically linked with the
              three Zentraedi spies ... must have been one *big* bed somewhere on
              the Macross.

              Chris Davies.
              (Will eventually get back to his Macross story that's supposed to
              involve Misa/Minmay ... once of these days.)