Re: is simoun good?

  • yu_kazu_ri
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "iatheia" <iatheia@...> wrote:

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "yu_kazu_ri" <yu_kazu_ri@> wrote:
      > >
      > > ok i heard about simoun and im too lazy to read the giant super
      > uber
      > > long story section on wikipedia(c'mon can you blame me? the
      bastard
      > is
      > > like 8 paragraphs long lol), so i wanted to know if it is good...
      > >

      > > p.s. - my deffinition of good means that at least ONE pair of
      girls
      > > kiss eachother(girls kissing = uber-squee), and the ending is at
      > least
      > > KIND of pleasing.
      > >
      > > -also any other details you would like to throw in is fine.
      thanks!

      > It is good. Very good. By any and all standards.
      > They do kiss each other. A lot. In fact, it is part of the plot.
      Kind
      > of. The whole story is revolting about girls kissing each other.
      >
      > But no matter how much I enjoyed this series, I don't know if I
      would
      > ever have a stomach to watch it again. Probably, but... I don't
      know.
      > Even though the ending was very beautiful, even thinking about it
      > sends me to tears.

      oh sweet thats good, and the whole sends you to tears thing, episodes
      18-20 (maybe 21 i cant remember) of strawberry panic sent me to tears
      lol... somethin about shizuma crying makes me terribly sad haha

      well thanks ill be sure to find out a way to watch it (since its
      liscensed already -__-;;)
      > But at least once, I would advice everyone to watch it.

    • Firia L
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
        I've got some sensitive tastes when it comes to mange and anime. I can't stand things like Naruto, Bleach, and anime like that. There's something about the story telling that really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

        So the same goes for Yuri. I tried watching the first ep of Simoun, but found it also left a bad taste in my mouth. I might try again some time, but I'm not in a rush.

        -L

        To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        From: yu_kazu_ri@...
        Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 06:01:29 +0000
        Subject: [Yuricon] Re: is simoun good?

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, "iatheia" <iatheia@... > wrote:

        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, "yu_kazu_ri" <yu_kazu_ri@ > wrote:
        > >
        > > ok i heard about simoun and im too lazy to read the giant super
        > uber
        > > long story section on wikipedia(c' mon can you blame me? the
        bastard
        > is
        > > like 8 paragraphs long lol), so i wanted to know if it is good...
        > >

        > > p.s. - my deffinition of good means that at least ONE pair of
        girls
        > > kiss eachother(girls kissing = uber-squee), and the ending is at
        > least
        > > KIND of pleasing.
        > >
        > > -also any other details you would like to throw in is fine.
        thanks!

        > It is good. Very good. By any and all standards.
        > They do kiss each other. A lot. In fact, it is part of the plot.
        Kind
        > of. The whole story is revolting about girls kissing each other.
        >
        > But no matter how much I enjoyed this series, I don't know if I
        would
        > ever have a stomach to watch it again. Probably, but... I don't
        know.
        > Even though the ending was very beautiful, even thinking about it
        > sends me to tears.

        oh sweet thats good, and the whole sends you to tears thing, episodes
        18-20 (maybe 21 i cant remember) of strawberry panic sent me to tears
        lol... somethin about shizuma crying makes me terribly sad haha

        well thanks ill be sure to find out a way to watch it (since its
        liscensed already -__-;;)
        > But at least once, I would advice everyone to watch it.

      • mara_papimer
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "yu_kazu_ri" <yu_kazu_ri@...> wrote:

          > ok i heard about simoun and im too lazy to read the giant super uber
          > long story section on wikipedia(c'mon can you blame me? the bastard is
          > like 8 paragraphs long lol), so i wanted to know if it is good...
          >

          > p.s. - my deffinition of good means that at least ONE pair of girls
          > kiss eachother(girls kissing = uber-squee), and the ending is at least
          > KIND of pleasing.
          >
          > -also any other details you would like to throw in is fine. thanks!

          Yes. Yes it is good. Buy it, it fulfils your definition.

          Just don't listen to the minor characters opinions.
        • Haruchin
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
            In short?

            Yes, Simoun is good. It's excellent in fact. Well drawn world, believeable relationships, engaging plot, powerful emotional drive, girls kissing... ;)

            Seriously, it's brilliant - and well served by MediaBlasters DVD releases, which include really excellent interviews with the crew, and commentary tracks, especially from the director.

            Well worth a look.

            Haru

            To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
            Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 09:46:48 +0000

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, "yu_kazu_ri" <yu_kazu_ri@ ...> wrote:

            > ok i heard about simoun and im too lazy to read the giant super uber
            > long story section on wikipedia(c' mon can you blame me? the bastard is
            > like 8 paragraphs long lol), so i wanted to know if it is good...
            >

            > p.s. - my deffinition of good means that at least ONE pair of girls
            > kiss eachother(girls kissing = uber-squee), and the ending is at least
            > KIND of pleasing.
            >
            > -also any other details you would like to throw in is fine. thanks!

            Yes. Yes it is good. Buy it, it fulfils your definition.

            Just don't listen to the minor characters opinions.

            Get fish-slapping on Messenger! Play Now
          • kazu maltbie
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
              ok i watched the first two episodes and i have to say they totaly
              satisfied my yuri need for that day lol i mean... just the first
              episode so many girls got close up kissing shots (that were amazingly
              drawn btw) that i completely lost count... and that right there is
              enough for me... i can see how some people could think that that one
              character is kind of like a doll cuz well she looks like it and also
              she doesnt have the RICHEST character, but i think i can watch this...
              god once i get the money im getting the boxed set.... i would get the
              strawberry panic one first, but not all of the dvd's are out in america
              yet *dies a little on the inside* lol