is simoun good?

  • yu_kazu_ri
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
      ok i heard about simoun and im too lazy to read the giant super uber
      long story section on wikipedia(c'mon can you blame me? the bastard is
      like 8 paragraphs long lol), so i wanted to know if it is good...

      p.s. - my deffinition of good means that at least ONE pair of girls
      kiss eachother(girls kissing = uber-squee), and the ending is at least
      KIND of pleasing.

      -also any other details you would like to throw in is fine. thanks!
    • iatheia
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "yu_kazu_ri" <yu_kazu_ri@...> wrote:

        > ok i heard about simoun and im too lazy to read the giant super
        uber
        > long story section on wikipedia(c'mon can you blame me? the bastard
        is
        > like 8 paragraphs long lol), so i wanted to know if it is good...
        >

        > p.s. - my deffinition of good means that at least ONE pair of girls
        > kiss eachother(girls kissing = uber-squee), and the ending is at
        least
        > KIND of pleasing.
        >
        > -also any other details you would like to throw in is fine. thanks!

        It is good. Very good. By any and all standards.
        They do kiss each other. A lot. In fact, it is part of the plot. Kind
        of. The whole story is revolting about girls kissing each other.

        But no matter how much I enjoyed this series, I don't know if I would
        ever have a stomach to watch it again. Probably, but... I don't know.
        Even though the ending was very beautiful, even thinking about it
        sends me to tears.

        But at least once, I would advice everyone to watch it.
      • yu_kazu_ri
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "iatheia" <iatheia@...> wrote:

          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "yu_kazu_ri" <yu_kazu_ri@> wrote:
          > >
          > > ok i heard about simoun and im too lazy to read the giant super
          > uber
          > > long story section on wikipedia(c'mon can you blame me? the
          bastard
          > is
          > > like 8 paragraphs long lol), so i wanted to know if it is good...
          > >

          > > p.s. - my deffinition of good means that at least ONE pair of
          girls
          > > kiss eachother(girls kissing = uber-squee), and the ending is at
          > least
          > > KIND of pleasing.
          > >
          > > -also any other details you would like to throw in is fine.
          thanks!

          > It is good. Very good. By any and all standards.
          > They do kiss each other. A lot. In fact, it is part of the plot.
          Kind
          > of. The whole story is revolting about girls kissing each other.
          >
          > But no matter how much I enjoyed this series, I don't know if I
          would
          > ever have a stomach to watch it again. Probably, but... I don't
          know.
          > Even though the ending was very beautiful, even thinking about it
          > sends me to tears.

          oh sweet thats good, and the whole sends you to tears thing, episodes
          18-20 (maybe 21 i cant remember) of strawberry panic sent me to tears
          lol... somethin about shizuma crying makes me terribly sad haha

          well thanks ill be sure to find out a way to watch it (since its
          liscensed already -__-;;)
          > But at least once, I would advice everyone to watch it.

        • Firia L
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
            I've got some sensitive tastes when it comes to mange and anime. I can't stand things like Naruto, Bleach, and anime like that. There's something about the story telling that really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

            So the same goes for Yuri. I tried watching the first ep of Simoun, but found it also left a bad taste in my mouth. I might try again some time, but I'm not in a rush.

            -L

            To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            From: yu_kazu_ri@...
            Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 06:01:29 +0000
            Subject: [Yuricon] Re: is simoun good?

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, "iatheia" <iatheia@... > wrote:

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, "yu_kazu_ri" <yu_kazu_ri@ > wrote:
            > >
            > > ok i heard about simoun and im too lazy to read the giant super
            > uber
            > > long story section on wikipedia(c' mon can you blame me? the
            bastard
            > is
            > > like 8 paragraphs long lol), so i wanted to know if it is good...
            > >

            > > p.s. - my deffinition of good means that at least ONE pair of
            girls
            > > kiss eachother(girls kissing = uber-squee), and the ending is at
            > least
            > > KIND of pleasing.
            > >
            > > -also any other details you would like to throw in is fine.
            thanks!

            > It is good. Very good. By any and all standards.
            > They do kiss each other. A lot. In fact, it is part of the plot.
            Kind
            > of. The whole story is revolting about girls kissing each other.
            >
            > But no matter how much I enjoyed this series, I don't know if I
            would
            > ever have a stomach to watch it again. Probably, but... I don't
            know.
            > Even though the ending was very beautiful, even thinking about it
            > sends me to tears.

            oh sweet thats good, and the whole sends you to tears thing, episodes
            18-20 (maybe 21 i cant remember) of strawberry panic sent me to tears
            lol... somethin about shizuma crying makes me terribly sad haha

            well thanks ill be sure to find out a way to watch it (since its
            liscensed already -__-;;)
            > But at least once, I would advice everyone to watch it.

          • mara_papimer
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "yu_kazu_ri" <yu_kazu_ri@...> wrote:

              > ok i heard about simoun and im too lazy to read the giant super uber
              > long story section on wikipedia(c'mon can you blame me? the bastard is
              > like 8 paragraphs long lol), so i wanted to know if it is good...
              >

              > p.s. - my deffinition of good means that at least ONE pair of girls
              > kiss eachother(girls kissing = uber-squee), and the ending is at least
              > KIND of pleasing.
              >
              > -also any other details you would like to throw in is fine. thanks!

              Yes. Yes it is good. Buy it, it fulfils your definition.

              Just don't listen to the minor characters opinions.
            • Haruchin
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
                In short?

                Yes, Simoun is good. It's excellent in fact. Well drawn world, believeable relationships, engaging plot, powerful emotional drive, girls kissing... ;)

                Seriously, it's brilliant - and well served by MediaBlasters DVD releases, which include really excellent interviews with the crew, and commentary tracks, especially from the director.

                Well worth a look.

                Haru

                To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
                Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 09:46:48 +0000

                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, "yu_kazu_ri" <yu_kazu_ri@ ...> wrote:

                > ok i heard about simoun and im too lazy to read the giant super uber
                > long story section on wikipedia(c' mon can you blame me? the bastard is
                > like 8 paragraphs long lol), so i wanted to know if it is good...
                >

                > p.s. - my deffinition of good means that at least ONE pair of girls
                > kiss eachother(girls kissing = uber-squee), and the ending is at least
                > KIND of pleasing.
                >
                > -also any other details you would like to throw in is fine. thanks!

                Yes. Yes it is good. Buy it, it fulfils your definition.

                Just don't listen to the minor characters opinions.

                Get fish-slapping on Messenger! Play Now
              • kazu maltbie
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
                  ok i watched the first two episodes and i have to say they totaly
                  satisfied my yuri need for that day lol i mean... just the first
                  episode so many girls got close up kissing shots (that were amazingly
                  drawn btw) that i completely lost count... and that right there is
                  enough for me... i can see how some people could think that that one
                  character is kind of like a doll cuz well she looks like it and also
                  she doesnt have the RICHEST character, but i think i can watch this...
                  god once i get the money im getting the boxed set.... i would get the
                  strawberry panic one first, but not all of the dvd's are out in america
                  yet *dies a little on the inside* lol