RE: [Yuricon] Re: Mnemosyne 6 "SPOILERS"

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 26, 2008
      From: cjd207@...
      Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:53:17 -0700
      Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Mnemosyne 6 "SPOILERS"

      > In your opinion, is the last episode Mnemosyne worth watching for the sake of closure? I'm debating whether I should download it or not. I have seen the first 4.

      Depend on whether you expected an OVA series about women who cannot die because of Time Spores that turn men into ravening beasts would have a sensible end or not. :-)

      Once again I come in on the minority, because I didn't actually expect much from Mnemosyne, except to be fun, insane, violent and random Yuri-service filled. If you were actually expecting an ending in which the main female characters lived happily ever as a lesbian couple, then probably you don't want to bother. :-)

    • blu_gloo
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 28, 2008
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Carmen DiProspero <cjd207@...> wrote:

        > In your opinion, is the last episode Mnemosyne worth watching for
        the sake of closure? I'm debating whether I should download it or not.
        I have seen the first 4.

        > Carmen =^_^=

        I guess it's worth watching for the sake of closure. I find it
        annoying when an anime doesn't end properly, so yes, episode 6 has a
        firm, solid ending feeling to it. I find no harm in wasting 45 min on
        an insane plot twist.
      • Jaymie
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 20, 2008
          Yah, resurrecting an old thread. i just finished this series, and,
          truth be told, Rin was striking me as bi for a long time (somewhat
          since the first ep, in fact, with how she reacted to the drugged guy
          in the hotel room). Being a lesbian dating a bi girl, maybe it was
          easier for me, but i didn't see the last episode as a cop-out. Also, i
          read the line as "Been a long time since i've had a (male) lover". Rin
          being bi makes sense, storywise; this explains both her first love and
          eventually impregnator Tajimamori, and her later interactions with Mimi.
        • Jaymie C
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 20, 2008
            Darn it, i forgot part of my argument as to why Rin read as by with a pref for women. The explanation (episode 2?) that Immortals' bodies react to angels, she says "Not mentally." This combined with the other things makes me think she is Bi. Naturally, there might also be the factor that she could be worried any male lover she would take would be hit with a Fruit, or Tajimamori is just the One Guy for her, but still, read her as very much bi.