Re: [Yuricon] Re: interview with Erica Friedman at Tanuki

  • Rinu CZ
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4, 2008

      Hi Grisznak,

      since my native language - Czech - come from same language family as Polish, it isn't so hard to understand. Of course, there are always "Heh, what is that?" moments ^^.

      With kind regards,

      Rinu

      2008/7/4, Grisznak <grisznakiw@...>:
      Hi
      Rinu, you know polish language? Sorry for this question, but I'm
      really curious, 'cos it's pretty rare thing here.
      cheers
      Grisznak

    • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 6, 2008
        I was thinking that perhaps the yuricon table in the dealer's room could expand it's merchandise. Maybe some yuri t shirts or some more yuri manga/anime. You've translated some manga before (Rice tte Kanji, etc); maybe you could look into doing more of that.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 6, 2008
          Hi There -

          We do carry manga. We've started carrying titles that are put out by other companies this year and that seems to go well. We'll have a small selection of those for Otakon, we hope. (There's some issues of ordering that we are not in control of.)

          Instead of me paying for anime out of my pocket that people may or may not buy, we suggest they walk over a few isles to the appropriate vendors and buy from them. At cons, you can find them all over the place easily. :) Media Blasters even has a small "Yuri" section these days.

          For t-shirts, its much the same. I'd love to have the hundreds of dollars to print up t-shirts that you *might* buy, but sadly, I don't. I do suggest that people who want t-shirts visit our Shop online, where we have several different styles available for both men and women. You can find those at http://www.yuricon.org/shop/gifts.html :-)

          At events we carry manga, and some small goods, like pins, magnets, postcards and the like.

          To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          From: endlessdreamer13@...
          Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 07:54:51 -0700
          Subject: [Yuricon] A thought for cons

          I was thinking that perhaps the yuricon table in the dealer's room could expand it's merchandise. Maybe some yuri t shirts or some more yuri manga/anime. You've translated some manga before (Rice tte Kanji, etc); maybe you could look into doing more of that.

          Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.