Re: [Yuricon] Reflections at second episode of Candy Boy and whole idea...

  • Clifford Rusk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2008
      Hey,
      My personal take on the whole thing, and of course, including
      series that have incest as a main theme, is that it's either hit-
      and-miss thing with such a niche audience, and so any show
      that goes with this subject is, generally speaking, either going
      to repulse everyone, or garner some fandom, but I don't think
      that there will ever be a universally accepted yuricest
      anime/manga/LN/whatever.

      I'll admit and completely confess to it, yes I like series with
      this theme - when done right, I believe that they can not only
      provide a good romantic set, but also make people question
      their beliefs in the morality of said situations. Hence why I've
      been working on a story for the past year or so, aimed at making
      people think, but I digress.

      All in all, I think Candy Boy is a bit of a miss... granted, I don't
      think it's thematically bad, but the execution is rather flawed, in
      my eyes. It has potential, I think, if they do some serious work
      on the series, but I don't know if that will happen. So, I've said
      my piece, and I'll shut up now. >_<

      Probably shouldn't have said half of that stuff,
      -Cliff