interview with Erica Friedman at Tanuki

  • Grisznak
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2008
      Hi
      Biggest polish manga and anime portal Tanuki.pl started it's
      interviews section with my little chat with Erica. You can find it
      here - http://czytelnia.tanuki.pl/lista/pokaz.php/2097 but since it's
      all in polish, most of you can probably only watch. For those of you
      who'd like to read it, I posted english version here -
      www.grisznak.webpark.pl/inter.doc
      Once again, thanks to Erica for her time and cool answers.
      cheers
      Grisznak
    • rinucz
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2008
        Hi,

        Thanks for sharing. It was fun to read. I tried Polish version but I
        switched to English version after a couple of sentences. Yeah, I am
        ashamed, my last successful attempt was Polish short interview with
        Erika Tadeno (it was interesting too). Hm, I think I should give it a
        try and grab another fanfiction.

        The part about basic social skills made me worried. I guess I'd
        reduce my answer according to English matter, heh. So here comes even
        social lesson.

        Thanks again for the interview with "upierdliwa ciotka".

        With kind regard,

        Rinu

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2008
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: grisznakiw@...
          > Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 17:20:24 +0200
          > Subject: [Yuricon] interview with Erica Friedman at Tanuki
          >
          > Hi
          > Biggest polish manga and anime portal Tanuki.pl started it's
          > interviews section with my little chat with Erica. You can find it
          > here - http://czytelnia.tanuki.pl/lista/pokaz.php/2097 but since it's
          > all in polish, most of you can probably only watch. For those of you
          > who'd like to read it, I posted english version here -
          > www.grisznak.webpark.pl/inter.doc
          > Once again, thanks to Erica for her time and cool answers.
          > cheers
          > Grisznak

          Thank you so much for the interview - and for the link! The questions were so much fun.

          Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2008
            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: rinucz@...
            > Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 22:38:09 +0000
            > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: interview with Erica Friedman at Tanuki
            >

            > The part about basic social skills made me worried. I guess I'd
            > reduce my answer according to English matter, heh. So here comes even
            > social lesson.
            >
            > Thanks again for the interview with "upierdliwa ciotka".

            Haha, Rinu.

            In my family, I'm actually "crazy Aunt" Erica.

            Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play chicktionary!
            http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlhmtextlink1_feb
          • Grisznak
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2008
              Hi
              Rinu, you know polish language? Sorry for this question, but I'm
              really curious, 'cos it's pretty rare thing here.
              cheers
              Grisznak

              2008/7/4 Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...>:

              >> To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >> From: rinucz@...
              >> Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 22:38:09 +0000
              >> Subject: [Yuricon] Re: interview with Erica Friedman at Tanuki
              >

              >> The part about basic social skills made me worried. I guess I'd
              >> reduce my answer according to English matter, heh. So here comes even
              >> social lesson.
              >>
              >> Thanks again for the interview with "upierdliwa ciotka".
              >
              > Haha, Rinu.
              >
              > In my family, I'm actually "crazy Aunt" Erica.

              > Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play chicktionary!
              > http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlhmtextlink1_feb

            • Rinu CZ
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4, 2008

                Hi Grisznak,

                since my native language - Czech - come from same language family as Polish, it isn't so hard to understand. Of course, there are always "Heh, what is that?" moments ^^.

                With kind regards,

                Rinu

                2008/7/4, Grisznak <grisznakiw@...>:
                Hi
                Rinu, you know polish language? Sorry for this question, but I'm
                really curious, 'cos it's pretty rare thing here.
                cheers
                Grisznak

              • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 6, 2008
                  I was thinking that perhaps the yuricon table in the dealer's room could expand it's merchandise. Maybe some yuri t shirts or some more yuri manga/anime. You've translated some manga before (Rice tte Kanji, etc); maybe you could look into doing more of that.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 6, 2008
                    Hi There -

                    We do carry manga. We've started carrying titles that are put out by other companies this year and that seems to go well. We'll have a small selection of those for Otakon, we hope. (There's some issues of ordering that we are not in control of.)

                    Instead of me paying for anime out of my pocket that people may or may not buy, we suggest they walk over a few isles to the appropriate vendors and buy from them. At cons, you can find them all over the place easily. :) Media Blasters even has a small "Yuri" section these days.

                    For t-shirts, its much the same. I'd love to have the hundreds of dollars to print up t-shirts that you *might* buy, but sadly, I don't. I do suggest that people who want t-shirts visit our Shop online, where we have several different styles available for both men and women. You can find those at http://www.yuricon.org/shop/gifts.html :-)

                    At events we carry manga, and some small goods, like pins, magnets, postcards and the like.

                    To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    From: endlessdreamer13@...
                    Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 07:54:51 -0700
                    Subject: [Yuricon] A thought for cons

                    I was thinking that perhaps the yuricon table in the dealer's room could expand it's merchandise. Maybe some yuri t shirts or some more yuri manga/anime. You've translated some manga before (Rice tte Kanji, etc); maybe you could look into doing more of that.

                    Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.