Mnemosyne and Blue Drop showings at Japan Expo in Paris

  • bystrouska
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hello, distinguished members of the Yuricon Mailing List -

      I know we are not exactly numerous here, but I seem to remember
      seeing a few new French members popping up lately, so I thought this
      info might be of interest… Starting tomorrow is the ninth edition of
      Japan Expo, the "biggest European convention for Japanese culture and
      hobbies" (www.japan-expo.com), and as always there will be quite a
      few advanced screenings of animes soon to be released on DVD –
      amongst which Mnemosyne, under the title of "RIN~Daughter of
      Mnemosyn", and Blue Drop (both on Friday and Saturday)! Also, in the
      not-yuri-but-don't-you-wish-it-were category, some Ghost in the Shell
      and Black Lagoon. (Anime selection is surprisingly good this year, at
      least to my tastes :) )

      The detailed programme can be found and dowloaded here: http://
      www.japan-expo.com/index.php?page=241

      As an added notice - I'll be working at Japan Expo and therefore be
      there for the whole four days (although not always available). No
      need to say I would be very happy to meet other members of the list
      who might be attending, be they so inclined! I rarely get to meet
      kindred yuri-loving spirits... :( So just drop me an email if you
      want to organise something. :)

      Cheers,

      bystrouska
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
        AUGH! Wish I had known about this earlier - I would have added it to the Events Page on Yuricon.

        Folks - if you know of ANY yuri related events, please tell me asap, so I can list them!

        Good luck with the Expo bystrouka - let us know all about how it went!

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: bystrouska@...
        > Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:11:17 +0200
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Mnemosyne and Blue Drop showings at Japan Expo in Paris
        >
        > Hello, distinguished members of the Yuricon Mailing List -
        >

        > I know we are not exactly numerous here, but I seem to remember
        > seeing a few new French members popping up lately, so I thought this
        > info might be of interest… Starting tomorrow is the ninth edition of
        > Japan Expo, the "biggest European convention for Japanese culture and
        > hobbies" (www.japan-expo.com), and as always there will be quite a
        > few advanced screenings of animes soon to be released on DVD –
        > amongst which Mnemosyne, under the title of "RIN~Daughter of
        > Mnemosyn", and Blue Drop (both on Friday and Saturday)! Also, in the
        > not-yuri-but-don't-you-wish-it-were category, some Ghost in the Shell
        > and Black Lagoon. (Anime selection is surprisingly good this year, at
        > least to my tastes :) )
        >
        > The detailed programme can be found and dowloaded here: http://
        > www.japan-expo.com/index.php?page=241
        >
        > As an added notice - I'll be working at Japan Expo and therefore be
        > there for the whole four days (although not always available). No
        > need to say I would be very happy to meet other members of the list
        > who might be attending, be they so inclined! I rarely get to meet
        > kindred yuri-loving spirits... :( So just drop me an email if you
        > want to organise something. :)
        >

        > Cheers,
        >
        > bystrouska
        >
        > Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > To change settings via email:
        > mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > mailto:Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • bystrouska
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
          Gomennasai, Erica-sama… I too wish I had known earlier so I could
          tell you about it! The thing is, I only found out earlier today and
          mailed the list right away. I had been so busy with exams and all,
          didn't think of checking out the programme (and to be fair, this is
          the first time I notice something yuri-ish in Japan Expo in the three
          years I've known the event…).
          Besides, I don't know if it's just me being completely lobotomized at
          the end of the schoolyear, but it did take me some time to find the
          detailed programme on the website.

          Anyway — of course send in a small report of the Expo once it's
          over. :) And hopefully so will Leouf?

          Cheers,
          bystrouska
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: bystrouska@...
            > Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 22:20:15 +0200
            > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Mnemosyne and Blue Drop showings at Japan Expo in Paris
            >
            > Gomennasai, Erica-sama… I too wish I had known earlier so I could
            > tell you about it! The thing is, I only found out earlier today and
            > mailed the list right away. I had been so busy with exams and all,
            > didn't think of checking out the programme (and to be fair, this is
            > the first time I notice something yuri-ish in Japan Expo in the three
            > years I've known the event…).

            I understand. I forget to include or find out about things all the time. Well, I'll add it now.

            > Besides, I don't know if it's just me being completely lobotomized at
            > the end of the schoolyear, but it did take me some time to find the
            > detailed programme on the website.

            Link?

            > Anyway — of course send in a small report of the Expo once it's
            > over. :) And hopefully so will Leouf?

            Yes please!

            Have a fabulous time. :-)

            Enter the Zune-A-Day Giveaway for your chance to win — day after day after day
            http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/ZuneADay/?locale=en-US&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Mobile_Zune_V1