Blue movie question

  • Grisznak
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31, 2008
      Hi
      Anyone of you saw, by chance, the movie based upon "Blue". I heard
      there was something like this. I afraid a little (manga was very,
      very, very angsty), but I think it won't hurt to ask. If there are a
      fansubs, I'll with grateful for info.
      cheers
      Grisznak
      Message 2 of 10 , May 31, 2008

        > Hi
        > Anyone of you saw, by chance, the movie based upon "Blue". I heard
        > there was something like this. I afraid a little (manga was very,
        > very, very angsty), but I think it won't hurt to ask. If there are a
        > fansubs, I'll with grateful for info.
        > cheers
        > Grisznak

        Hi Grisznak -

        I did indeed see it. Here's my review of it on Okazu:
        http://okazu.blogspot.com/2005/12/live-action-blue-movie.html

        It wasn't angsty so much as dreadfully boring. :-)

      • Xavier
        Message 3 of 10 , May 31, 2008
          I've seen the movie, but not read the manga, it was not good, I'm
          afraid. I fell asleep not even half way through.

          -X
          > Hi
          > Anyone of you saw, by chance, the movie based upon "Blue". I heard
          > there was something like this. I afraid a little (manga was very,
          > very, very angsty), but I think it won't hurt to ask. If there are a
          > fansubs, I'll with grateful for info.
          > cheers
          > Grisznak

        • Grisznak
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 4, 2008
            Thanks for info.
            Anyway, besides Blue and Love My Life (and, maybe, Cutie honey live),
            were there any yuri manga/anime based live action movies or series?
            regards
            Grisznak

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 4, 2008
              > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              > From: grisznakiw@...
              > Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:04:24 +0200
              > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Blue movie question
              >
              > Thanks for info.
              > Anyway, besides Blue and Love My Life (and, maybe, Cutie honey live),
              > were there any yuri manga/anime based live action movies or series?

              There was the live-action Sailor Moon series from a few years ago. That was quite good.

              I also enjoyed the Sukeban Deka movies, but the most recent one - Codename Asamiya Saki was *fabulous*.

              Love My Life is playing around the US right now at GLBT film festivals. Also a very good adaptation into Live Action.

              Ace wo Nerae had a decent live TV series, and didn't lose the akogare at all. The first special of that was particularly good, as Hiromi and Reika played the final match.

              Shimostuma Monogatari is actually a manga based on the movie - and the manga is very uninteresting, but the movie, exported as "Kamikaze Girls" is hysterical and wonderful.

              There is a Live Action Hana no Asuka-gumi movie, but it is excruciating and the only good scene is when Asuka is kicking the shit out of Yohko. lol

              Not Yuri, but the first Nana live action movie was very good. I haven't (and won't) see the second one.

              There are several Kekkou Kamon live action movies. The first three are physically painful to watch, the second of them has a vaguely Yuri sort of feel. The more recent KK live action movie was vile. Avoid it at all costs.

              Summer Vacation: 1999 is a movie based on a yaoi/BL story called Song of the Wind and Trees, but it was filmed with all the roles played by girls. It worked wonderfully well. It's not Yuri, but you should see it anyway.

              There's *always* live action being made of manga series - Attack No. 1 was a tv series a little while ago, and You're Under Arrest. But these above are ones I've actually watched and have at least *some* relevance to Yuri fandom.

              For more detailed reviews, you can find them all under the "Live Action" category on Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com/search/label/Live%20Action

              Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
              http://okazu.blogspot.com
              Search that pays you back! Introducing Live Search cashback.
              http://search.live.com/cashback/?&pkw=form=MIJAAF/publ=HMTGL/crea=srchpaysyouback
            • Erin Subramanian
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 4, 2008
                Grisznak wrote:

                >Thanks for info.
                >Anyway, besides Blue and Love My Life (and, maybe, Cutie honey live),
                >were there any yuri manga/anime based live action movies or series?
                >regards
                >Grisznak

                In addition to all the movies and series Erica listed (and did you have
                to bring up the Yohko-kicking scene again, Erica?), there is also a
                live-action version of Yoshida Akimi's "Lovers' Kiss." You can find
                information on the manga at http://www.callenreese.com/loverskiss.html

                Erin
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 4, 2008
                  > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: esubramanian1@...
                  > Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 19:45:16 -0400
                  > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Blue movie question
                  >
                  > Grisznak wrote:

                  > In addition to all the movies and series Erica listed (and did you have
                  > to bring up the Yohko-kicking scene again, Erica?),

                  Of course! It is the best scene in the movie. Or did you like the endless repetition of the Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction" best? lol

                  > there is also a
                  > live-action version of Yoshida Akimi's "Lovers' Kiss." You can find
                  > information on the manga at http://www.callenreese.com/loverskiss.html

                  That's right! I'd forgotten that one. I've only seen the first 10 minutes or so of it.

                  Now you can invite friends from Facebook and other groups to join you on Windows Liveā„¢ Messenger. Add now.
                • Resop
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 4, 2008
                    Speaking of that Sukeban Deka movie,

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGhPsnBmCf0

                    has a mock trial of the lead, Aya Matsuura, by fellow Hello! Project solo artists and former and present Morning Musume members.

                    Will Ayaya be convicted of being a delinquent? Only one way to find out.

                    Craig (your complete carelessness is so annoying)

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 5, 2008
                      Erica Friedman wrote:

                      >>In addition to all the movies and series Erica listed (and did you have
                      >>to bring up the Yohko-kicking scene again, Erica?),
                      >>

                      >Of course! It is the best scene in the movie. Or did you like the endless repetition of the Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction" best? lol

                      I liked the parts where "I" (as everyone insisted) wasn't being tied to
                      a bed and kicked best. Personal preference?

                      >> there is also a
                      >>live-action version of Yoshida Akimi's "Lovers' Kiss." You can find
                      >>information on the manga at http://www.callenreese.com/loverskiss.html
                      >>

                      >That's right! I'd forgotten that one. I've only seen the first 10 minutes or so of it.

                      I've just seen the trailer for it, and read the relevant chapters of the
                      manga. So I don't know if it's any good.

                      Erin
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 5, 2008
                        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Erica Friedman wrote:
                        >
                        > >>In addition to all the movies and series Erica listed (and did you
                        have
                        > >>to bring up the Yohko-kicking scene again, Erica?),

                        > >Of course! It is the best scene in the movie. Or did you like the
                        endless repetition of the Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction" best? lol

                        > I liked the parts where "I" (as everyone insisted) wasn't being tied to
                        > a bed and kicked best. Personal preference?

                        Talk about association. You are nothing like the Yohko I know and
                        adore from HnA-g. Nothing at all. :-) When was the last time you stole
                        money from the Yakuza and made your protege your stooge? That's the
                        kind of thing I just don't see you doing....

                        Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
                        http://okazu.blogpsot.com