Favorite In-Anime-Not-In-Manga (or IANIM) Moment(s)

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 1:45 PM
      I was coming to the Mailing List to do a new post to break up the
      last couple days' silence and find people beat me to it already.
      Here's a new topic question anyway for anyone who feels like
      responding; what're your favorite IANIM moments, yuri and/or non-
      yuri? I'm sure a lot of us have checked out both the manga and anime
      versions of the same story, and thought the original manga version
      was vastly superior. Even so, the anime version can still have some
      good, nice or decent moments not found in the manga. Here are a
      couple of my favorites—and yes I do think the manga versions of these
      series are superior

      Girls' High—I really liked how Eriko and Kouda formed their
      friendship in the anime version. From what I can remember in the
      manga, Kouda was putting off Eriko's group until Eriko lied that she
      had connections with men, and thus Kouda became friends with them.
      Kouda later realizes it's a white lie, but after spending time
      together their genuine friendship just breaks in. In the anime, Eriko
      and Kouda badmouth each other from the start. They get stuck inside
      the school building and find a way out, continuing badmouthing but
      more out of jest. Once they make it out, Kouda basically tells
      Eriko, "We're friends from now on, got it?"

      Kashimashi—Unlike the manga, there is one episode where Asuta was
      actually going to confess his feelings to Hazumu, and Hazumu turns
      him down before he officially could. It's actually sweet in a way;
      knowledge of Hazumu's prior gender didn't faze Asuta and he comes to
      terms with their just being friends (of course in later episodes he
      reverts back to his obsessive behavior in the background, but
      regardless)
      —Pachy