[Yuricon] Re: Candy☆Boy

  • Anna Haapaniemi
    Message 1 of 8 , May 7, 2008
      [Yuricon] Re: Candy☆Boy
      I think Candy Boy is cute, and the plot just enough for what it is. But I don't think it will hold for a series, so I wonder what they are going to do with it. I think it is good as it is, not wonderful, but not bad either, just..."lagom"! (Why don't you have a word for this in English? ;P It's a strange Swedish word, a little like enough, but pretty positive, like Not too much and not too little...oh, I don't really know...sorry).

      About two twin sisters being in love, I don't think it's disturbing. I don't think it is "hot" either. I just think it is interesting, because it is a relationship that is more complicated than normal, just for being one between two sister, and it gives spice to the plot.
      In real life, yes, I would think it strange to happen, and maybe not really normal, but not wrong or disturbing. Love is love, and love is wonderful, as long as it is equal and doublesided. If you happen to be siblings, it will be hard for you, but it doesn't make your love less worth. Just don't have children. if not, then what's the problem?

      //Anna

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "yurianimeotaku" <technophile@...>
      wrote:

      > Am I the only one who thinks this "love" between the two twin
      sisters is a bit disturbing? If so, please enlighten me.

      No, you're not. Like anything else, everyone has things that appeal
      to them and things that don't. I quite like insane violent women in
      my anime, and think sisters in love is a serious turn off. For folks
      who like their Yuri forbidden and shrouded in taboo, it appeals.

      My biggest complaint with Candy Boy is that if the characters
      weren't sisters, the story would still be brutally dull. Sisters or
      not, it's about a relationship in which nothing happens and nothing
      is articulated except vageuish exhortations of like. (This is *my*
      opinion, and please remember that another opinion which disagrees
      with mine in an argumentative fashion is not going to change my
      opinion of the series, just of the person.)

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      http://okazu.blogspot.com

    • Grisznak
      Message 2 of 8 , May 10, 2008
        Hi
        Finally saw this episode. I thinks it's very, very poor. Why?
        Technically it's a piece of s**t, with very lame animations, static
        backgrounds and minimal mimic of the characters. Sure, it had very
        small budget, but some of the poor eroge games are lookin' better.
        Story...well, a story? Almost the same as in the previous ONA episode.
        And here is a bigger problem. This previous episode was interesting,
        but not everything what is good for single episode is good for serie
        too. If it's gonna be like this, I know that my review of the whole
        serie will be like riding on road roller.
        And last but not least, this idea of the twincest...I have a strong
        premonition that these japanesse guys are thinking that the more taboo
        they broke, the better anime they'll do. We had Kodomo No Jikan with
        pedophilia, yuricest and yurilolicon. What's gonna be next? I think I
        don't wanna know...
        For me there are no any rational reasons that they should be sisters.
        Because of what? Money of the anime makers, probably.
        That's all about this anime. I know some of you may remind me my very
        good opinion about single ONA episode. I'm still on it. But the
        serie...Gimme a break (or something better to watch).
        regards
        Grisznak
      • Ellen Kuhfeld
        Message 3 of 8 , May 10, 2008
          Message
          Agree on some single-episode anime. Hoi-hoi san would not be improved by a sequel.

          Ellen Rose

           And here is a bigger problem. This previous episode was interesting,
          but not everything what is good for single episode is good for serie too.

          [snip]

          .