Candy☆Boy

  • Rei Yuriko
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2008
      Some of you may have seen the original net anime Candy☆Boy that came out last year.

      I thought I would let people know that they have released a follow up called Candy☆Boy episode: 01 -Nonchalant talk of the certain sisters in daily life-

      I have yet to see it but I have high hopes.

      With love

      ~Rei Yuriko~

    • Grisznak
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2008
        Damn, is that true? I wanna see it (yeah, I know what Erica thinks
        about that title)! It was told that there's gonna be a serie.
        regards
        Grisznak

        2008/5/3 Rei Yuriko <rei_yuriko@...>:

        > Some of you may have seen the original net anime Candy☆Boy that came out
        > last year.
        >
        > I thought I would let people know that they have released a follow up called
        > Candy☆Boy episode: 01 -Nonchalant talk of the certain sisters in daily life-
        >
        > I have yet to see it but I have high hopes.
        >
        > With love
        >
        > ~Rei Yuriko~
        >

        > ________________________________
        > now.
      • Rinu CZ
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2008
          Hi,

          yup, it's true. Even a torrent is out (I hope I can mention it here). It was fluffy and non-angsty and relationships weren't changed due to more suitability for larger audience, so I am perfectly fine with that. And I think it will have 6 episodes, without the original ONA.

          With kind regards

          Rinu

          2008/5/3, Grisznak <grisznakiw@...>:
          Damn, is that true? I wanna see it (yeah, I know what Erica thinks
          about that title)! It was told that there's gonna be a serie.
          regards
          Grisznak

        • yurianimeotaku
          Message 4 of 8 , May 7, 2008
            Am I the only one who thinks this "love" between the two twin sisters is a bit disturbing? If so, please enlighten me.

            Message 5 of 8 , May 7, 2008
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "yurianimeotaku" <technophile@...>
              wrote:

              > Am I the only one who thinks this "love" between the two twin
              sisters is a bit disturbing? If so, please enlighten me.

              No, you're not. Like anything else, everyone has things that appeal
              to them and things that don't. I quite like insane violent women in
              my anime, and think sisters in love is a serious turn off. For folks
              who like their Yuri forbidden and shrouded in taboo, it appeals.

              My biggest complaint with Candy Boy is that if the characters
              weren't sisters, the story would still be brutally dull. Sisters or
              not, it's about a relationship in which nothing happens and nothing
              is articulated except vageuish exhortations of like. (This is *my*
              opinion, and please remember that another opinion which disagrees
              with mine in an argumentative fashion is not going to change my
              opinion of the series, just of the person.)

              Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
              http://okazu.blogspot.com
            • Anna Haapaniemi
              Message 6 of 8 , May 7, 2008
                [Yuricon] Re: Candy&#9734;Boy
                I think Candy Boy is cute, and the plot just enough for what it is. But I don't think it will hold for a series, so I wonder what they are going to do with it. I think it is good as it is, not wonderful, but not bad either, just..."lagom"! (Why don't you have a word for this in English? ;P It's a strange Swedish word, a little like enough, but pretty positive, like Not too much and not too little...oh, I don't really know...sorry).

                About two twin sisters being in love, I don't think it's disturbing. I don't think it is "hot" either. I just think it is interesting, because it is a relationship that is more complicated than normal, just for being one between two sister, and it gives spice to the plot.
                In real life, yes, I would think it strange to happen, and maybe not really normal, but not wrong or disturbing. Love is love, and love is wonderful, as long as it is equal and doublesided. If you happen to be siblings, it will be hard for you, but it doesn't make your love less worth. Just don't have children. if not, then what's the problem?

                //Anna

                Message 7 of 8 , May 10, 2008
                  Hi
                  Finally saw this episode. I thinks it's very, very poor. Why?
                  Technically it's a piece of s**t, with very lame animations, static
                  backgrounds and minimal mimic of the characters. Sure, it had very
                  small budget, but some of the poor eroge games are lookin' better.
                  Story...well, a story? Almost the same as in the previous ONA episode.
                  And here is a bigger problem. This previous episode was interesting,
                  but not everything what is good for single episode is good for serie
                  too. If it's gonna be like this, I know that my review of the whole
                  serie will be like riding on road roller.
                  And last but not least, this idea of the twincest...I have a strong
                  premonition that these japanesse guys are thinking that the more taboo
                  they broke, the better anime they'll do. We had Kodomo No Jikan with
                  pedophilia, yuricest and yurilolicon. What's gonna be next? I think I
                  don't wanna know...
                  For me there are no any rational reasons that they should be sisters.
                  Because of what? Money of the anime makers, probably.
                  That's all about this anime. I know some of you may remind me my very
                  good opinion about single ONA episode. I'm still on it. But the
                  serie...Gimme a break (or something better to watch).
                  regards
                  Grisznak
                • Ellen Kuhfeld
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 10, 2008
                    Message
                    Agree on some single-episode anime. Hoi-hoi san would not be improved by a sequel.

                    Ellen Rose

                     And here is a bigger problem. This previous episode was interesting,
                    but not everything what is good for single episode is good for serie too.

                    [snip]

                    .