Original Fantasy yuri fic

  • crimsonlotus20
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2008
      Title: A Sigil Holiday
      Author: Crimosnlotus
      Rating: NC-17 (Suitable only for adults)
      Word Count: 9,700
      Pairing: Original, Fantasy
      Link: http://www.devianthearts.com/viewstory.php?sid=1212&chapter=8
      Synopsis:

      In the vast, cosmopolitan city of Sigil, cross-cultural romances are
      common...and challenging. Astrid, a human tech-mage and Shesayne, a
      half-elf and aspiring artist, find themselves at odds about life, love
      and the future of their challenging cross-cultural relationship. When
      Tahllea, a coldly predatory blademistress from Imej, chooses Sigil as
      a holiday spot, things become very complicated indeed...

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "crimsonlotus20" <crimsonlotus@...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > Uploaded another short (7,000 word) fic based in my shoujo-ai fantasy
      > world to my current "Wandering Bladesinger" series project.
      > Please note that this fic is an extension of the current storyline and
      > was written partly in response to Erica's complaint that there were
      > not enough mature shoujo-ai/yuri relationships. Hence, I decided to
      > glimpse into the future of two of the characters. I'm not quite sure
      > how it works, especially since I am not at an age where I can make
      > broad or accurate judgments about life and the passage of time, so
      > don't expect anything deep in a Thomas Mann mid-life crisis sort of
      > way, but still, call this my bit for the yuri fiction community.
      > Any and all Yuricon members are invited to have a look at:
      >
      > http://www.devianthearts.com/viewstory.php?sid=1212&chapter=7
      >
      > Many thanks and best regards,
      > MdG
      >

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "crimsonlotus20" <crimsonlotus@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Greetings,
      > >
      > > Uploaded a short (5,000 word) and sharp fic based in my shoujo-ai
      > > fantasy world to my current "Wandering Bladesinger" series project.
      > > Any and all Yuricon members with an interest in fantasy settings are
      > > warmly invited to take at least a cursory look:
      > >
      > > http://www.devianthearts.com/viewstory.php?sid=1212&chapter=6
      > >
      > > The usual warnings (graphic content and strong language) apply and
      > > this, for once, is a little PWP-ish, but there is method to the
      > > madness...or at least I think there is and I took the opportunity to
      > > experiment with a more succinct, clipped writing style. My very best
      > > regards,
      > >
      > > MdG
      > >

      > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "crimsonlotus20" <crimsonlotus@>
      wrote:

      > > > Greetings,
      > > >
      > > > Quick message to notify those with an interest in original yuri
      > > > fiction that I have posted another chapter in my fantasy shoujo-ai
      > > > series. I sincerely hope you enjoy:
      > > >
      > > > http://www.devianthearts.com/viewstory.php?sid=1212&chapter=5
      > > >
      > > > NB: mature content.
      > > >
      > > > Regards,
      > > >
      > > > MdG

    • Grisznak
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 27, 2008
        Hi
        Gosh, it looks good, I even started to read it and I think I'll read
        more, but you have to wait for a longer review, 'cos it's damn long
        thing and reading from the screen is a simply eye killer. If I may
        suggest something, divinding such stories for a shorter parts might be
        good thing.
        Speaking about the devil - I'd really love to see original yuri
        manga/anime/story in the realms of the classical fantasy. Anyone knows
        any?
        regards
        Grisznak

        2008/4/26 crimsonlotus20 <crimsonlotus@...>:

        > Title: A Sigil Holiday
        > Author: Crimosnlotus
        > Rating: NC-17 (Suitable only for adults)
        > Word Count: 9,700
        > Pairing: Original, Fantasy
        > Link: http://www.devianthearts.com/viewstory.php?sid=1212&chapter=8
        > Synopsis:
        >
        > In the vast, cosmopolitan city of Sigil, cross-cultural romances are
        > common...and challenging. Astrid, a human tech-mage and Shesayne, a
        > half-elf and aspiring artist, find themselves at odds about life, love
        > and the future of their challenging cross-cultural relationship. When
        > Tahllea, a coldly predatory blademistress from Imej, chooses Sigil as
        > a holiday spot, things become very complicated indeed...
        >
        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "crimsonlotus20" <crimsonlotus@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Greetings,
        > >
        > > Uploaded another short (7,000 word) fic based in my shoujo-ai fantasy
        > > world to my current "Wandering Bladesinger" series project.
        > > Please note that this fic is an extension of the current storyline and
        > > was written partly in response to Erica's complaint that there were
        > > not enough mature shoujo-ai/yuri relationships. Hence, I decided to
        > > glimpse into the future of two of the characters. I'm not quite sure
        > > how it works, especially since I am not at an age where I can make
        > > broad or accurate judgments about life and the passage of time, so
        > > don't expect anything deep in a Thomas Mann mid-life crisis sort of
        > > way, but still, call this my bit for the yuri fiction community.
        > > Any and all Yuricon members are invited to have a look at:
        > >
        > > http://www.devianthearts.com/viewstory.php?sid=1212&chapter=7
        > >
        > > Many thanks and best regards,
        > > MdG
        > >

        > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "crimsonlotus20" <crimsonlotus@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Greetings,
        > > >
        > > > Uploaded a short (5,000 word) and sharp fic based in my shoujo-ai
        > > > fantasy world to my current "Wandering Bladesinger" series project.
        > > > Any and all Yuricon members with an interest in fantasy settings are
        > > > warmly invited to take at least a cursory look:
        > > >
        > > > http://www.devianthearts.com/viewstory.php?sid=1212&chapter=6
        > > >
        > > > The usual warnings (graphic content and strong language) apply and
        > > > this, for once, is a little PWP-ish, but there is method to the
        > > > madness...or at least I think there is and I took the opportunity to
        > > > experiment with a more succinct, clipped writing style. My very best
        > > > regards,
        > > >
        > > > MdG
        > > >

        > > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "crimsonlotus20" <crimsonlotus@>

      • crimsonlotus20
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2008
          Greetings,

          First and foremost Grisznaki for the positive reaction. I have
          finally completed the 'novel', as it were, and it is all uploaded in
          relatively user-friendly format on the Deviant Hearts site, though
          the font may be a little small. In any case, the big part is over.
          I'll be tweaking and editing some small things from time to time,
          but this is pretty much it.

          I understand this is the only Yuri-themed novel length fantasy work
          out there, so if you are even mildly curious, do come and take a
          peek. You may not be disappointed. Anyway, enough of that, here are
          the details:

          Title: Seeking the Dawn
          Author: Crimsonlotus
          Rating: NC-17 (Mature content suitable only for adults)
          Pairing: Original
          Link: http://www.devianthearts.com/viewstory.php?sid=1212&chapter=9

          Synopsis:

          Ends and beginnings, past and present, destiny and desire all
          collide in the final installment of the Wandering Bladesinger
          series. This is the conclusion of the, to my knowledge, only novel-
          length fantasy yuri work on the Internet. Sigrid fights to make her
          own future, Aravae confronts the past and Tahllea finally reaches
          the apex of her madness, after which, perhaps, lies redemption. More
          romance, action and intrigue from the ever-fascinating Imej.

          Best regards,
          MdG