Welcome to our new list members!

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2008
      Hello all -

      Once more, it is my pleasure to welcome all the new folks who have
      joined the list recently and get people settled in. :-) This list
      now exceeds 2000 members. As you know, joining this list make you
      instantly cooler, more intelligent, attractive and gives you magic
      lesbian powers. ;-)

      If you are one of our new folks, please feel free to jump in and
      introduce yourself, how you got into yuri, what your favorites series
      are, etc. My name is Erica, I'm the list owner and founder of
      Yuricon. I got into yuri through Sailor Moon's Haruka and Michiru and
      I will forever think them the best couple ever. :-)

      We have a very decent group for the most part and to help keep it
      this way, I do ask that all new folks take 5 minutes to read our
      Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.yuricon.com/faq.html If you
      have been on this list for a while and have never read them, please
      DO. It won't take long. They were recently updated to reflect a few
      changes, so it's a good idea to take a look at them again to refresh
      your knowledge.

      Yuricon is a celebration of shoujoai and yuri in anime and manga -
      that is, anything and everything having to do with girl/girl
      relationships in Japanese animation and comics. Anything relating to
      anime and lesbianism is on topic. Yuricon is yaoi and straight
      friendly, just remember where the focus of the group is. But
      generally, chitchat is highly encouraged!

      Common courtesy is the *most* important single quality necessary at
      Yuricon. We're all here to have fun, so try to keep that in mind.
      Here's some basic rules of thumb:

      Be polite - even if it kills you.

      No one is "right" anymore than anyone is "wrong." You may disagree
      but your point of view is only one of many, please allow others
      theirs.

      Yuricon's mission is to openly enjoy and celebrate all forms of
      yuri. If that's what you want to do - you're in the right place. :-)

      Again, welcome to all our new members and a very sincere thank you to
      all the folks who have been here for a while. because of you, this is
      really one of the least suckiest groups on the Internet.

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      http://okazu.blogpsot.com
    • Yurri Hyun
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24, 2008
        Hi everyone,

        My name is Yurri (yes, it really is); and four months ago, I had no idea that my name was synonymous with....lilies.  I've been lurking here for the past 4 months. I entered the wonderful world of yuri via Strawberry Panic, which was an absolute hoot. What can I say? I like cheese.

        From there, a short skip to Marimite and thus spelled my doom. And in my quest for all things Marimite, stumbled onto the Okazu blog, became addicted to Okazu (almost a daily reader), joined the Yuricon group -- and I hate to admit it -- read tons of fanfiction (the quality of which I won't comment on).

        As an aside, a big thank you to Erica for the reviews and translations, because without them, I'd probably never have checked out/bought: Marimite novels in Korean (my pathetic Korean is still much better than my just-started-to-learn Japanese), Iono-sama fanatics, Strawberry Marshmallow, Voiceful, First Love Sisters, R.O.D.series, Mai-Hime series, MGLN series. I'm now much poorer in pocket (but hopefully richer in spirit?).  Oh well, on to drama cds and beyond!

        Yurri

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 24, 2008
          From: yurrihyun@...
          Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:50:35 -0700
          Subject: [Yuricon] Re:Welcome to our new list members!

          > Hi everyone,

          Hello and welcome, belatedly. :-)

          > As an aside, a big thank you to Erica for the reviews and translations, because without them, I'd probably never have checked out/bought: Marimite novels in Korean (my pathetic Korean is still much better than my just-started-to-learn Japanese), Iono-sama fanatics, Strawberry Marshmallow, Voiceful, First Love Sisters, R.O.D.series, Mai-Hime series, MGLN series. I'm now much poorer in pocket (but hopefully richer in spirit?). Oh well, on to drama cds and beyond!

          Last time my mother was over - in addition to asking if I ever read my manga over, she asked if I had never gotten into Yuri, would I be richer or poorer. I said that I doubted that I'd be much richer, because in all likelihood, I would have had some other interest, but nothing, ever, could compare to the riches Yuricon has brought me. In terms of friends alone, there is nothing in my life which has given me more, not even mentioning *amazing* experiences and opportunities.

          In any case - of course you are welcome, and I'm thrilled to learn that there's another Drama CD lover out there!

          Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in the game.
          http://club.live.com/word_slugger.aspx?icid=word_slugger_wlhm_admod_april08
        • slow_loris_123
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 25, 2008
            Hi! I signed up a day or two ago. I've never been on yahoo groups
            before, and when I was making my account I decided to name myself
            after my favorite animal, the slow loris. It spends a lot of its time
            quietly lurking, and I can't say I'm much different. It's also
            venomous (a primate! venomous!), but I didn't know that until later.

            First off I'd like to thank Erica (and everybody else that
            reviews/translates/etc. around here). It's good when people share and
            help each other out. I try to do the same with my own work, and it's
            cool that it's so easy to do these days.

            I can't really say when I became interested in yuri specifically
            rather than just having bumped into a lot of it, starting with Utena,
            which is one of my favorite shows, then on to the Marimite anime to
            various Lililicious critters to the Marimite novels as they pop up on
            Okazu and elsewhere, but it's certainly a greater part of what I've
            been into lately.

            I think the one I'm enjoying the most right now is Aoi Hana/Sweet Blue
            Flowers. It's very refreshing and it's more or less mellow. Even if
            there are triangles and that sort of thing, which I don't generally
            like, even that aspect of it hasn't developed in that sort of cliched
            episodic fashion that's quite common. I recently received the three
            volumes, which I can't read, from Japan. I've been working through
            number 3 very slowly and picking up kanji on the way. It's fun to try
            to guess what happened from the pictures, anyway, he he he.
          • blu_gloo
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 25, 2008
              Hi everyone!
              I joined 2 days ago, and I'm already enjoying my time here! I first
              lurked around okazu, reading reviews and translations. Many thanks
              to Erica for all her hard work in translating and reviewing, and to
              any others who helped. I wouldn't be a yuri fan now if it wasn't for
              okazu.

              The first time I watched yuri was around last year. Strawberry Panic
              left me pretty much awestruck. It was so full of fanservice, but I
              really liked it. I actually haven't been a yuri fan until a month
              ago, when I watched Marimite. Although it hardly has any yuri in it,
              it left me with a thirst for more.

              And then I became obsessed with the shounen yuri series: Venus
              versus Virus. Being a shounen fan as well, it was like a double
              treat.

              Best wishes to everyone,
              Glooo
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2009
                It's been way too long since I did this last. First of all, welcome to all our newest Yuricon Mailing list (YCML) members - and welcome back to some of our oldest list members! Of course, thanks to all the folks who post here regularly. :-)

                New or old, please take a look at our List FAQs, which will give you important links, detail our community standards and hopefully give you an idea of what we're about here: http://www.yuricon.org/faq.html
                The FAQs are a little long, but it really won't take you more than a few minutes to read them through. As they have just been updated, I ask that everyone please do read them. Some things have changed over time, so if you haven't read them in a few years, things *are* different now.

                For the newest members, I hope you'll step up and introduce yourselves. Oldest members, feel free to do the same - some people may not know your early contributions to this community, you can pick up new fans. :-)

                As always, I'll start. My name is Erica Friedman, I founded Yuricon in 2000 as Anilesbocon. In 2003 I began ALC Publishing (which just released "Yuri Monogatari 6" a new Yuri anthology), and we ran the first Yuricon event.

                I write extensively on Yuri at my blog Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com

                I'm glad to welcome you all to the YCML - as far as I'm concerned still the least sucky group of people on the internet. :-)

                ALC Publishing - where the girl always gets the girl
                http://www.anilesbocon.org/shop/alcp.html