SnB character sighting!

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2001
      I�ve been watching a trendy drama on Fuji TV for the past few weeks called
      "Sayonara Ozu-sensei" about a teacher at a high school that turns five
      school punks into the boy's basketball team. I like it for two reasons � it
      gives me a chance to practice listening to Japanese under fire, since
      everyone speaks casually and quickly, and because the girls' team coach was
      played by a very attractive woman. :-)

      Anyway, there's this one character, a girl on the girls� basketball team.
      She's pretty tall, with a sort of bob-like haircut and she was very genki.
      At some point, I watched her sink a really smooth 3-pointer - and it was
      obvious she really had done it, since she was in the background and they
      didn't bother to do that edit/angle change thing...and I sat up all of a
      sudden saying, "Oh my god! It's Mikan!"

      From that point on, I watched her closely � I swear, she was exactly the way
      I pictured Mikan to be. Genki, a damn good ball player, tall,
      strong-looking, athletic, without being ultra-butch. And she didn't appear
      to have a boyfriend, either. LOL She�s sort of pivotal to several scnes and
      throughout most of the series, a better ball player than the guys.

      So, when I cast SnB, I have at least one character done. LOL

      AniLesboCon 2001 - "For real women who like their women...animated."
      http://anilesbocon.shoujoai.com/

    • Thomas Scroggs
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2002
        That's really cool. Could you get a screen capture? I can't Fuji TV
        here.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
          >From: Thomas Scroggs <trscroggs@...>

          >That's really cool. Could you get a screen capture? I can't Fuji TV
          >here.

          Nope, sorry. I can't do screencaps.