Notice about uploading files, photos and fanfics to this list.

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2008
      Hi all -

      We constantly get new people on this list and I just want to take a moment to let folks know that this is an all-ages Mailing List. That means that, if you are being clever and kind and uploading files, photos or fanfics to the Mailing List or to it's Y!groups files, PLEASE make sure they are appropriate for *all* ages.

      This is not an adult-only list, and we really don't want the files and photos cluttered with a pile of porn. There's plenty of other places for folks to find that if they want - this is not it. If you have pictures that are characters kissing, hugging, holding hands, etc, as long as they are not from a "peeping tom cam" point of view, feel free to upload them to the Files section. If you are not 100% sure that any random passing 12 year old can look at it without a lawsuit spontaneously breaking out, then email me first and I'll let you know.

      Thanks very much for your cooperation!

    • crimsonlotus20
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2008
        Greetings Erica,

        Terribly sorry, but this message only came to my attention today as
        I was looking through the back message listings. It occurs to me
        that I uploaded links to a number of my fics which include sustained
        adult content, although they are clearly marked as such and firmly
        indicated for a mature audience only. Is this still acceptable, or
        would you prefer I confine notifications to the websites to which I
        upload?

        Thanks,

        MdG

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all -
        >
        > We constantly get new people on this list and I just want to take
        a moment to let folks know that this is an all-ages Mailing List.
        That means that, if you are being clever and kind and uploading
        files, photos or fanfics to the Mailing List or to it's Y!groups
        files, PLEASE make sure they are appropriate for *all* ages.

        > This is not an adult-only list, and we really don't want the files
        and photos cluttered with a pile of porn. There's plenty of other
        places for folks to find that if they want - this is not it. If you
        have pictures that are characters kissing, hugging, holding hands,
        etc, as long as they are not from a "peeping tom cam" point of view,
        feel free to upload them to the Files section. If you are not 100%
        sure that any random passing 12 year old can look at it without a
        lawsuit spontaneously breaking out, then email me first and I'll let
        you know.

        > Thanks very much for your cooperation!

        > http://www.yuricon.org

        > More immediate than e-mail? Get instant access with Windows Live
        Messenger.
        > http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?
        ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_instantaccess_042008

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 2008
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: crimsonlotus@...
          > Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 04:24:38 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Notice about uploading files, photos and fanfics to this list.
          >
          > Greetings Erica,
          >

          > Terribly sorry, but this message only came to my attention today as
          > I was looking through the back message listings. It occurs to me
          > that I uploaded links to a number of my fics which include sustained
          > adult content, although they are clearly marked as such and firmly
          > indicated for a mature audience only. Is this still acceptable, or
          > would you prefer I confine notifications to the websites to which I
          > upload?

          Marking you stories clearly and providing a link is sufficient. There were some other things that incited me to write that email, not your story links.

          Back to work after baby–how do you know when you’re ready?
          http://lifestyle.msn.com/familyandparenting/articleNW.aspx?cp-documentid=5797498&ocid=T067MSN40A0701A